The British National Party

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by MrsDoyle, Oct 27, 2009.

1. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

Honestly, what is WRONG with these racist people? It is absolutely disgusting on so many levels using the image of Churchill and even worse to claim that he would be a member of the BNP!
    It's eerily reminiscent of Nazi Germany - what next? Only blonde-haired, blue-eyed people in Britain? :ranting2:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    QUOTE=stevetrom
    UK
    British National Party
    stevetrom
    Offer generous grants
  3. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

OOOoooh, I predict I riot (and a storm in a tea tray)

Its could tactical voting where people are concerned and fed up about immigration policies in the UK which has put strain on the NHS, schools and some extent unemployement especially during the recession. I don't think anyone with a right mind would want these people in charge of this country

4. MrsDoyle

:clap:

I certainly hope not... :eek:

5. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

sort of off topic.... I was slightly scared to hear that there are still Nazis in Germany:eek:

6. MrsDoyle

I agree with that, but can't we all just get on and vote Liberal Democrat?

7. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

why?

I have'nt head many Lib Dem MPs calling for a clamp down on immigration?

8. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

None of the three main parties have said anything in fear of political correctness and being branded a racist hence the popularity of BNP.

For example, The recession and the loss of jobs have in my view have increased popularity. I was made redundant last November and took a part time job waiteressing which I did previously for 10 years as a student etc. In July 2 eastern europeans were recruited. There are 2 million people on the dole, some which are looking for any work, myself included. I have nothing against these people working, but shouldn't we be supporting our own people and making sure they have work before recruiting eastern europeans???

Thats why people are getting fed up and supporting BNP rightly or wrongly. The support they have is concerning the main parties yet they are doing nothing about the issue of imigration.

9. Di B

Di B Member

One thing that scares me a little is I wonder how much support for the BNP is within/around brass bands?! We are still a heavily White British community.

I thought all of the close mindedness had in the main gone apart from in old people but a couple of years ago I was horrified to witness racial phobia!

I entered a lift with a banding friend, and a family of Indians followed us in. He shrank into the corner and started saying that there was a funny smell around and he was going to be sick.

I couldn't believe my ears!!! When we got out of the lift he just kept saying "disgusting stench".

The guy came from a mining area and I have wondered ever since how common this really is whatever people say to the world.
    Have heard similar stories of ignorance about a transexual who had lived in a mining area all their life then when they came out they got spat at in the street, had their house attacked etc.
    I know a few bandsmen from similar geogaphic locations with similar attitudes too.

So, I assume there is a problem of ignorance in a few towns and communities, including some ex-mining. Anyone brave enough to comment?

10. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

After watching Question Time my own thought echo that of Andy Hamilton: Give Griffin enough rope and he'll hang himself.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  11. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Ignorance sums it up Di. And yes there is a lot of it about in the geographical locations you allude to and in the banding community.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    QUOTE=stevetrom
    UK
    British National Party
    stevetrom
    Offer generous grants
  13. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Unfortunately, 'closed' communities encourage closed minds. I know several large towns in the NW that are so inbred it's difficult not to marry a close relative.

14. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

What are the actual policies and ambitions of the BNP? The only excerpt I heard of Mr Griffin on question time was him talking about the fundamentalist Islamic attitude towards women - that a woman unfortunate enough to be raped is then stoned to death for adultery. He condemned such views.

15. stevetrom

http://bnp.org.uk/policies/

16. stevetrom

17. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Yeh ... TBH the problem was with question time is Griffin was right - it became a lynch mob. There was no real debate - and that is the way to defeat him.

Just going 'oh no the BNP are bad' without *really* knowing what you are talking about gives him the ammo to then turn round (like he did last Friday) and say that that he hasn't been given a fair trial. Mind you .... when he comes out with the whole thing about ""That audience was taken from a city that is no longer British ... That was not my country any more......Do it somewhere where there are still significant numbers of English and British people [living], and they haven't been ethnically cleansed from their own country."

Umm .... I sat in a pub in central London on Friday night that was packed. There was one black person in there and the rest were white. Didn't seem very 'ethnically cleansed' to me....

18. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Thank you Steve. Its almost laughable but then its basically just very hard line conservatism and I can imagine that some of these policies would be very attractive to quite a large percentage of our population (those with a lower IQ and a poor education).
    I like the getting rid of the speed cameras though...

no one with more than half a brain will vote for them though - which I suppose is the worry.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  19. stevetrom

oh dear, not a single reasoned comment on any policy (except one which you agree with) and then some petty name calling.

and people wonder why BNP support is growing.

Nearly a million people must have low IQ and half a brain, thats how many votes the BNP got at the euro elections.

20. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Mine was a reasoned comment and an observation - any thoughts?

(Granted, not on a policy)

21. stevetrom

no problem at all, it is the lack of any reasoned arguements that annoy me :)

22. stevetrom

Being a boring ****** with nothing to do (the football has finished) I decided to have a look at BNP policoes on immigration

Deport all the two million plus who are here illegally;

Deport all those who commit crimes and whose original nationality was not British;

Offer generous grants to those of foreign descent resident here who wish to leave permanently;

Reject all asylum seekers who passed safe countries on their way to Britain;

comments?