The Brass Factory

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Chris Thomas, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Chris Thomas

Chris Thomas Member

Hi folks,

Here's a press release from Cory:

Brass Band Documentory on TV, 'The Brass Factory'
    Many bandsmen will have noticed a camera crew following the Cory and Black Dyke Band at this year's National Finals. This was the culmination of several months filming a documentary about brass bands in general. The programme is called The Brass Factory and will be broadcast on Monday 3rd December at 1900 on BBC2 Wales.

The programme looks at the history of brass bands, the rivalry within the movement, family connections, the hard work and high standard achieved. It looks at the state of contests and the use of closed adjudication as well as the high quality work bands do aside from contests i.e. concerts and commercial recording.

A number of bands are mentioned and featured including, Cory, Black Dyke, Grimethorpe, BTM and Tredegar.

The programme also features a wonderful testimonial from the most famous living classical composer, Karl Jenkins who waxes lyrical about the wonderful high standard of brass bands and the super attitude of brass band musicians.

The programme also features the results ceremony from the British Open and the Nationals this year.

If you are around don't miss this skilfully crafted programme that accurately portrays the brass band movement in all its glory.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  2. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

Chris that's on at the same time as Emmerdale...can't have that mate:) ....thanks for the info;)
  3. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

That's not fair!!!! Only i Wales?!?!?!? That's an outrage. I wanna see it.

One of you lovely welsh bandsmen will have to record it and get it on you tube or something!
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

If you've got Sky Digital then BBC2W is available on that to everyone..............
  5. George BB

George BB Member

This is a very good documentary and is available on BBC iPlayer until Monday.
    I was in the next box, at the Royal Albert Hall, to the Cory supporters when the results were announced. The film crew were watching Dr Bob to get the response to the victory announcement. It was not to be however, as the adjudicators thought differently.
    How many times have we all been in that same situation?.
  6. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Well luckily enough for me I have the BBCi player, so I downloaded it for posterity!!!
  7. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Watch it quick - it expires! And no, I don't think it's possible to copy it to a form that isn't time-limited (even if that were legal, which it isnt).