The Brass Band Conductors Club?????

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Frontman, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Frontman

Frontman Member

I have just found a website call the Brass Band Conductors Club.

Does anyone have any idea as to who set it up and is the current owner?

I think this would be a very good idea if run properly.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

3. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

but we already have NABBC, same thing surely?

or are you saying that's not well run? ;)

4. Frontman

Frontman Member

No I am not saying that at all Gary. As a former exec officer I know just how much the NABBC does. I am trying to locate the owners to direct them to that very organisation.

5. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

a url would be useful to help track it down!

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

7. Bones

Bones Member

It's assigned to Graham Jacklin. A search using www.whois.com gives the full name and address. This is in the public domain.

Given the site does not appear to have been updated since 2008 I suspect Jacko knows the work the NABBC does.

8. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Bones beat me to it - for what its worth, it only has 3 members. Its purpose seems to be to encourage debate amongst those who enter the nationals (membership criteria is must have conducted in the last 5 years in the regionals) so not quite the same remit as the NABBC.

9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I get that impression too. I have the funny feeling that conductors wouldn't like to discuss with peers and rivals their contest tactics.

10. Columbo

Columbo Member

Why not? Frontman and I do it all the time. Gives us a good opportunity to wind each other up! LOL!

11. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

For wind-ups ... I can see that, lol! But to see, for example, conductors prior to a contest chatting about what they are playing and how they are preparing their bands sounds suicidal to me. Adjudicators might take a peek as well.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches