The Brass Band Conductors Club?????

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Frontman, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Frontman

Frontman Member

I have just found a website call the Brass Band Conductors Club.

Does anyone have any idea as to who set it up and is the current owner?

I think this would be a very good idea if run properly.

2. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

but we already have NABBC, same thing surely?

or are you saying that's not well run? ;)

3. Frontman

Frontman Member

No I am not saying that at all Gary. As a former exec officer I know just how much the NABBC does. I am trying to locate the owners to direct them to that very organisation.

4. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

a url would be useful to help track it down!

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

6. Bones

Bones Member

It's assigned to Graham Jacklin. A search using www.whois.com gives the full name and address. This is in the public domain.

Given the site does not appear to have been updated since 2008 I suspect Jacko knows the work the NABBC does.

7. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Bones beat me to it - for what its worth, it only has 3 members. Its purpose seems to be to encourage debate amongst those who enter the nationals (membership criteria is must have conducted in the last 5 years in the regionals) so not quite the same remit as the NABBC.

8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I get that impression too. I have the funny feeling that conductors wouldn't like to discuss with peers and rivals their contest tactics.

9. Columbo

Columbo Member

Why not? Frontman and I do it all the time. Gives us a good opportunity to wind each other up! LOL!

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

For wind-ups ... I can see that, lol! But to see, for example, conductors prior to a contest chatting about what they are playing and how they are preparing their bands sounds suicidal to me. Adjudicators might take a peek as well.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass Band Conductors Club
    Does
    current owner
    good idea
    website