The BFBB Business/Strategic Plan - how is it doing?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by James Yelland, Sep 20, 2004.

1. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Many of the objectives of the BFBB Business/Strategic plan can't easily be assessed at the moment, because the information isn't readily available. But a couple of high profile criteria can be judged:

Objective 1b: BFBB trade stands manned at all major contests any as many local contests as possible. This objective was published in September 2003 with a target starting date of March 2004. Now that the areas, the Masters, the Harrogate finals and British Open are all behind us, has anyone spotted the BFBB stand at any of these events, or at any other events? I myself didn't see them at the Harrogate event last week, I have to say. Any advances on zero?

Objective 1c: Press release on all work carried out by BFBB. Objective published in September 2003, ongoing from then. I don't read the Bandsman, but I haven't seen very much in BBW, the Herald or on 4BarsRest - a quick search on the latter for 'British Federation' revealed four results. Only two were actual press releases about BFBB initiatives (Childline and a review of the National Championships). Does this mean they're not doing very much, or doing so much they haven't got time to write press releases?