The Best Of 2009 for you

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Dec 29, 2009.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

As 2009 comes to end what is the best thing that as been good for you
  2. Shy Guy

Shy Guy New Member

Getting grade 4 on sax.!

Can't think of as many band things!
  3. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

Distinction in my cornet exam, work experience, being put on the front row at band....
  4. bassendworld

bassendworld Member

New Job after 24 years and 11 months in previous one
  5. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Sod all this year Ian
  6. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

A good result at my first Areas on the end chair, being accepted at two colleges are probably the two things which stand out.
  7. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

The birth of my daughter last April
  8. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Anything involving Milnrow and recovering fairly well from a bad injury that i was told would stop me playing.
  9. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

Being involved in the setting up of a brand new brass band at the University of York (and being appointed Musical Director! :D )

A very successful first concert with the University of York Brass Band! :D

10. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Making a conscious decision to keep on learning as much as I can about music, starting with having some of my work professionally reviewed, and picking up a stick for the first time.

Oh, and this photo, of a concert programme I was invited to listen to. (Not by a band I have ever played with, I hasten to add.)

Still can't work out what the hell my name's doing in with that sort of company!

Attached Files:

11. Having a full recovery, and the thriving of my daughter and grandson after almost losing both of them in childbirth. Also the respect I now have for my son in law in making the right decisions in this time.
  12. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

I've quite enjoyed the sidestep in to more major live recordings....working on sessions for Classic FM from places like The Bridgewater Hall and York Minster, though our own outing to the Scottish Open weekend in Perth to being made a partner in the forthcoming Stanshawe Reunion concert next year....a wholly different set of challenges from CD sessions, but I've enjoyed all of those as well....even extra Christmases in Summer!

Exciting times ahead :D
  13. David Mann

David Mann Member

I'm just grateful for having a steady year, finishing it with the same job and bands as I started. Looking forward to improving my bass guitar playing and pushing Gretton Silver forward in 2010. Musical highlights were taking Gretton to France and my first bass guitar gigs.
  14. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

not being in england.
  15. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

making lots of new friends, especially in banding circles - what a fabby bunch we all are :)
  16. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Joining Cambridge - yay!

Getting my first head of department job in a lovely school :)
  17. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

In mid October a school friend of mine on facebook told me about a very good friend of hers who was single and said i will send you a friends request for her,im seeing her at the weekend i will tell her about you;
    Well i've met the most fantastic,kind,loving,wonderful lady i could ever wish for she is now the new love of my life:D
    We went out on Friday 13th November and we have not looked back since
  18. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

November 13th?......Love of your life? What!!! Quick mover Ian. Did you whoo her with your Christmas sausage link? ;)
  19. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Mmmmm, history indicates it 'could' end in tears (public ones at that).
    Personally, 2009 has been a pretty good year, in as much as I'm still alive..........
  20. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Best of 2009 for me... can only be winning the championship section title at the WMC Kerkrade contest in august. Being invited to play live on national (Flemish) television because of this title wasn't bad either.