The best librarian in banding?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by toby hobson, May 7, 2008.

1. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

Mine would have to be either the dream combination of the late great Tony Hadfield and Reg Keegan at the Flimby Saxhorn Silver Band in West Cumbria or the legend Jimmy Charles from Fodens, boy....could those fellas catalogue stuff!!!!
  2. Its Paula at Skelmanthorpe.

She runs the library like clockwork for all 3 bands in our organisation.

Simply THE best!!!!!

3. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

I like her lists of missing parts for each player. Fab idea

Although john maines for NYBB must be quite good.
  4. ophicliede

ophicliede Member

One of the finest librarians I ever encountered was the late Reg Saunders. He was for many years the librarian at the Royal Military School of Music, Kneller Hall. Not only was he a fantastic custodian of what must be the most unique music library in the country, but he was such an historian on the music in the library. He was a true legend to be feared by those left wanting in musical ability. His only downfall was that in a room full of paper he always had a cigarette hanging from his mouth.
  5. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

My grandfather has to be the most un-recognised librarians in the the country serving Tredegar Town and Youths Bands Library for 30 years and not a ****** thanks!!!!!!! Needless to say he finished 2 years ago now!
  6. ballyhorn

ballyhorn Member

Fat Ted and Walter!!!!!! need to name the band
  7. Alisop

Alisop Member

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Completely agree!
  8. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

What's that coming over the hilll...
  9. Anonymous_user

Anonymous_user New Member

Non players off the green!!!!
    Its NOT Ted Griffiths at YBS thats for sure!
  10. MrsC

MrsC Member

I think our librarian is fab. Steve, you deserve a medal!! The library was in a real state until Steve took over. Now, everything is catalogued, we know what parts of which piece are missing and we seem to have endless copies of everything!!
    Steve and his bag of tricks would be missed. Gotta love this guys organisational skills and gadgets!!!
  11. I'll second you on that one Karen, "The Naz-man" has my vote!

Needless to say no copyright law is EVER infringed!

Go to it Steve!

PS - He's a fairly snazzy cosack dancer too! - not bad for a guy who stayed in banding after his kid gave up (the initial reason for being there!)
  12. joker66

joker66 Member

You best me to it!!

Paula is definately the best

13. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

John Maines for NYBB, no question!!
  14. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Is this thread a wind up? :)
  15. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

No question....Geoff Church at t'Imps.

Each folder, in performance order, ready for each rehearsal or concert (including practice parts to take home if necessary).

Churchy is a god among band librarians.

16. leisa

leisa Active Member

FLIXTON have got the best librarian in my opinion! Alison Rowley, shes looked after babies and all sorts in the back room of that bandroom and has even gained the nickname mother flixton, what a star! Shes ace!
  17. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

...and puts me in my place regularly if I try to sneak a piece out of the library to play without her checking for missing parts first!
    It's a close call between Alison and FT&W (purely for the comedic 'married couple' element) for me!
  18. jim

jim Member

My vote is for Adrian Dalton ex sellers librarian and also flowers/polysteel he could cleer up a messy libary like knowon else, Bill and Roy when I was at tred very very organised even kept it all locked away so I couldnt go theiving percussion parts!!

Also a special mention for Dan Doran the ex Parc & Dare man sadley passed away a feiw years ago not the most oganised but always had a smile and a story! infact he must have posed on just about every Parc photo and not even ever blown a note!!
  19. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

See what happens when all the bickering and back-biting stops, the great threads come back:biggrin:

Not sure whether Mr Hobson is winding us up or not............
  20. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

My band Patcham Silver, we would have one of the best. Albert. He took the library to his home!! Took a 13 lof his conservetory up!! What other person would do that??