The best kebab

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by SuperMosh, Jun 26, 2006.

?

The burning question

Poll closed Aug 16, 2006.
  1. Donner only

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. Chicken only

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Donner / Chicken mix

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  1. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

In honour of the post about the best curry, I got thinking and high browing...calling all rotund brassers.....what's the best kebab?

Mine = chicken / doner mix on a naan bread with lettuce, onion and hot chilli sauce. The only place to get said kebab? Bindy's in Woodville! (You know, next to AirCon engineers opposite the hairdressers)

2. Andybassbone

Andybassbone Member

Whichever kebab you like, me and the wife want to know why so few offer grated cheese with the other bits - really finishes the experience (and of course helps the decreasing cholesterol levels!!!:)

Ps straight doner hot chilli sauce, salad and topped off with mayo to dip the chillis in for me......

3. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

The best kebab I've ever found on these shores is a large mixed kebab on Naan with chilli sauce from the Maypole takeaway in gawthorpe near wakefield. Chicken & lamb tikka, seekh kebab and donner all thrown in and well done to you if you finish it all!

Myself and smokey dave (now of Meltham) did find god's own kebab shop when on tour. Only problem is it was in auckland, New Zealand, so it's a bit for to pop out for one on a friday night...

4. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Spices of Kashmir - Lower Broughton Road Prestwich.
    Naan Bread grilled chicken and Lamb , salad and a bit of garlic sauce

5. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Let me guess...if you asked for delivery it would still only be 45 minutes????

As for the grated cheese, I like your style. I once got forced into donner meat, chips and gravy and that was very tasty.

6. horn-girlie

horn-girlie Member

I'VE NEVER HAD A KABAB :frown: :frown: the shame ... :oops:

7. Andybassbone

Andybassbone Member

What.....Never - you a veggie????

8. horn-girlie

horn-girlie Member

noooo no no definately not!! just never had a kabab! but im sure that'll soon change as i'm off to birmingham uni soon, and i dont think you can escape from kabab places there ...

9. Andybassbone

Andybassbone Member

My only bit of advice, would be to go to a busy van - the quiet ones are normally quiet for a reason!!!

10. horn-girlie

horn-girlie Member

hmm yeh i can see that ... ooh i want a kabab now!! theyd best be nice after this build up!! tehe

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Bindy
    AirCon
    Woodville
    lettuce
    best kebab
  12. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Poor thing

A whole world awaits you

STOP PRESS - Have added a poll to this! How exciting!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  13. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

Personally, I like to avoid any food which is likely to contaminate my otherwise perfect body. That's why I'm so slim and attractive.

That said, I generally go for a large donner chicken tikka on a nan bread with chilli sauce and a side order of chips ....... and a diet coke.

And the best kebabs have to be from Burton - home of beer and the best area contest venue in ................. Burton.

By the way, I'm Dave and I'm new. I'd have been on sooner if I knew you were talking about food.

14. animal77

animal77 New Member

Very true - best kebab place in Birmingham is kebabland on the Bristol Road in Selly Oak. Does fantastic lamb tikka in naan with salad, chilli and either mayo or mint sauce. Perfect after a few cheeky shandys.
    Chris

15. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Hey Dave like your reply to Supermosh's thread thats been started.
    As for kebabs very tasty i have to say mainly Lamb but the beer that pub just down the road from the town hall:clap:

16. horn-girlie

horn-girlie Member

yup, think thats at the end of my sisters road - in 'student-land' hehe so im sure i'll be taking a visit or two there in the next few years ... :tongue:

17. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

HAHA brilliant, love your style lol. Welcome to tMP!

18. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

I'm not a big Kebab eater :( however i've had the chicken kebab a couple of times and though it was lovely:tup

19. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Oh yes, Burton on Trent, possibly the finest Midlands Area venue.....

20. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

If SuperMosh is buying, mine's a Donner on naan bread with loads of Chilli sauce - oh, and don't forget the healthy eating option - salad - me mouths drooling already!

21. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Dude, you're on. In fact, let's make this official. Next Burton Areas, who's up for kebabs?

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Bindy
    AirCon
    Woodville
    lettuce
    best kebab