the best bass section as a whole

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by jcowensEb, Mar 31, 2008.

1. jcowensEb

jcowensEb Member

so people of tmp,who is your "best" bass section,who has the biggest,roundest sound,

mine is the great bass section of hebden bridge:D !!!woop woop!!!!!:D

the very talented BBb's :p
    and the
    awesome EEb's:clap:
  2. Ali

Ali Member

At the moment its got to be Fodens (am slightly biased but am not including myself and never would when you consider they've got Les Neish, Stu Baglin, Toby Hobson, Matt Wade and john Gilliam if needed) along with Dyke, Grimey and Cory. There are no better sections in the world IMHO.
  3. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Is the critera for best bass section down to biggest roundest sound?
    Wouldn't the best section be the section that works as the best team?
    That is what being a section is all about no?
  4. smaca

smaca Active Member

Not an expert on Bass Sections( I am a mere cornet player) nor have I heard some of the "bigger bands" for over a year, but have to say what I heard from Black Dyke on Saturday night at Perth was astounding.

It just droned though the whole band like velvet, and even in the pp bits, it made the hairs stand up on the back of the neck. One piece I remember that the Bass sound struck me was when they played the Music From The Elizabethan Music. Class with a capital C.
  5. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

Those go hand in hand though, the ones that work best as a team will create the biggest, roundest sound.
  6. Zeek

Zeek Member

I agree, the section doesnt have to be the loudest, when it works together, and everyone knows when everyone else is breathing you can get more of bigger sound

the only bass section at the min is dykes. Everyone knows what everyone else is going to do.

But if the whole band is together and and plays as one big unit, instead of individual sections that will also create a bigger sound, so should there be aother question, which band can play together, but with the most musicallity as well.......?
  7. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Cory's. Like having chocolate as your bass section. awesome!
  8. Rodney

Rodney Member

Geelong West - when we're all there :)