The beginning of the end for human musicians???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Payn, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

2. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

well as long as they restrict it to orchestras we could take advantage... Brass Bands - the only real music left!
  3. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Would we allow the redundant French horn players to join us? ;-)
  4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

as long as they agreed to not change the sound but add colour, and to be in tune at all times like we all are!
  5. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

and split less
  6. Steve

Steve Active Member

:roll: Yeah, keep telling yourself its everyone else Paul and eventually it will be true!!!
  7. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

8. HBB

HBB Active Member

And they shouldn't play cack handedly either! :D
  9. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

Wouldn't have the talent to join us. Would have to follow the path of all French horn players no longer able to split notes on a regular basis and take up a new hobby. These could include flower arranging, chess clubs, crocheting, embroidery - and these are just for the male players!! :wink:

As for playing cack handed I dont think even french Horn players would be that gross unless cack has a different meaning down south!! :p
  10. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

well now things are just going downhill fast...

anyway... these virtual orchstras... sound like midi files do they?
  11. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

dont like it!
    hmmm no to the french horns!!!
    (unless we can stick em at the back, wiv the tubas (like in an orchestra)

12. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

like an orchestra eh?

so that would mean having the tenor horns sat somewhere in row x of the audience then? :wink:
  13. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

I remember reading in the Daily Express a few years ago about a man who invented 'lips' which could play brass instruments.
    I can't remember the exact technicalities of it but I remember thinking that in theory, it should win contests as it dosen't suffer from nerves and there wouldn't be any split notes :!:
  14. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

No good without (a) a tongue and (b) having a right arm designed to pour infinite amounts of beer in general direction of gob without getting drunk! ;-)
  15. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

I imagine there was some form of tongue, but I imagine that mixing the beer with all the electrical gubbins on board wouldn't be very pretty :!:
  16. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

I once saw a video on the making of a charity record called We Are The World (I think). One scene had the producer asking if there was a french horn player in the waiting room. There was, he was brought in, played one note which they captured on a computer and he was done! The :? look on his face had to be seen.

As technology advances it will probably become more and more possible but will never be beneficial.

Can you imagine a packed out RAH as we all listen to the National Brass Band Simulation Contest :twisted: with the Gala Concert featuring Data from Star Trek as the guest soloist :( I don't think so.
  17. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

digital music is AWFUL!!! if people are going to accept digital orchestras then theyre silly!

the only true way to express music is having people play instruments!

there ain't no equal replacement and THERE NEVER SHOULD BE!!

utd co-op yorkshire