The Beatles- All you need is love

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by livyarker, Dec 10, 2006.

1. livyarker

livyarker Member

I was wondering if anyone knows if The Beatles "All you need is Love" has been arranged for brass band? My friend wants it at her wedding in July .......or does anyone know of someone who might fancy arranging it?

2. JooBoo

JooBoo New Member

Hi Livy,
    That's really weird, my brother is having it at his wedding too, must be a 'Love Actually' thing.
    He's having strings who have arranged it especially but I'm sure there will be someone on here who has the know how.
    Good luck
    Julie

3. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

hello, welcome to the Mouthpiece, nice to you know you in contact, does that ymean your dad will be on soon,

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- this number sounds like one for Alan Fernie to give the correct treatment to (... although I have a sneaky feeling he has drafted one before ... just a hunch!).

5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

It's already been arranged by Thijs Oud, and published by DeHaske (but their website is down at the moment so I'm not 100% certain if it is still availble). I'm sure Alan would do a great job of it though (if he hasn't already ;))

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- site up and running and arrangement for sale here.

7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Must have been a temporary glitch! :D

8. Alan Fernie

Alan Fernie Member

I haven't actually done a full arrangement of this particular song, although it does bring my "The Beatles go Brass" selection (pub. by Obrasso) to a close. I can't remember off hand, but it may appear as a separate item on Obrasso's "Black Dyke play the Beatles" album, maybe from Goff's pen?

Cameron Mabon has done one which I seem to recall Jedforest band trying to march to! (Strong drink may have been taken!)

9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- it's not on the Dyke album! Weird, I really thought you had done this one! :-?

10. Bungle

Bungle Member

We played the canadian brass quintet version at our chairmans wedding. The parts are a bit expensive but the score is reasonably priced.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    The Beatles
    All you need is Love
    wedding
    brass band
    friend
  12. livyarker

livyarker Member

Ah thanks guys.

Dave i have been posting on here for a few years but only very randomly! I'll try persuade dad...............!

The Love Actually thing is whats caused it your right! I draw the line at us popping up and playing from the seated guests tho!

13. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

The Canadian Brass stuff is superb. Really good!

14. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- I agree but I didn't like the Beatles' one ... (runs for cover! :oops: )

15. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Some of them are slightly less good than others - but there are some superb ones... Penny Lane is good... You never give me your money is superb...

Each to their own... :)

16. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- I just felt the arrangements were just a sign of that era ... with lots of cheese added!

17. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Checking through my albums I found an arrangement by Alfred Lauss on the Pro Brass 'At Abbey Road' CD (music clip found under 'Musikarchiv'). This one's been freed up in a big band waltz type style after the intro. :-?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
  18. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

There was a great arrangement of "Penny Lane" I played at the Foresters about 3 million years ago. It was on manuscript and probably highly illegal, but I remember it was really good. But can't remember who it was by though.

Sorry, totally irrelevant, but thought I'd share it anyway. :)