The Barbecue Season

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Jun 12, 2005.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Well Barbecue season is now here folks.
    As a butcher i would like to know what your favorite things you like to be barbecued.
  2. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

As we're usually drinking while cooking, chicken is a pretty bad idea (too easy to kill with...) so we usually go for sausages, burgers and random slabs of beef here... Have done a barbeque with just lots of different sausages before which was interesting, and apparently FHM have copied our idea...
  3. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Sirloin steak :tup
  4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

An enormous slab of steak steak (although overcook it and there'll be trouble), whole onions or peppers or I suppose good ol sausages....
  5. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Lamb and mint burgers
    Chinese chicken (only if cooking sober, as Lynchie pointed out...)
    As many different kinds of sausage as I can find - venison, pork and apple, pork and garlic, pork and tomato, beef and horseradish etc.
    And off topic:
    Take a banananana, peel it and slice almost in half lengthways.
    Stuff the cut edge with giant chocolate buttons and wrap the whole thing in tinfoil.
    Put on barbie until you think the chocolate has melted.
    Eat it.
    Pass out into state of chocolate and potassium induced bliss.
  6. dyl

dyl Active Member

Having just got back from a week in southern Spain (spent mostly in and around Tapas bars ;) ) - my current favourites are Pinchos Morunos (Moorish kebabs):
    Pork shoulder cut into chunks, marinated overnight in olive oil, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, rurmeric, oregano, salt, pepper, minced garlic, parsley and lemon juice.
    They have to be tasted to be believed!

Washed down with plenty of San Miguel of course! ;)
  7. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

i love pork chops... i really think our family is somehow related to the simpsons...
  8. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

My favourite is a butterflied leg of lamb, spiked with garlic and rosemary and marinated in olive oil and lemon/orange juice overnight - it should still be pink on the inside with small amounts of black on the outside - ala Ainsley Harriet recipe.

Cut in to small chunks and served with salad and pitta bread.
  9. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

mmmmm i love kofta meat balls, i can't remember whats in them my mum makes them i think its basically minced beef and mint and some other stuff and she does this really yummy sauce with it too :D

I also like turkey on a barbeque thats nice and PROPER beef burgers :D

I also love those great big massive mushrooms barbequed mmmmmmm
  10. jo

jo Member

11. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Chicken Breast
    and Corn on the Cobb
  12. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Gotta be nice thick pork sausages, beef burgers and beef steak.

Corn on the Cob is unbeatable on a BBQ too! All that mixed with some nice cool beer and everythings perfect!
    Am hoping to have a BBQ sometime in August as a little reunion for all of us from Uni...all i have to do is buy a BBQ :rolleyes:
  13. Steve

Steve Active Member

Rabbitt, remember to skin it and remove the shot though
  14. six pints

six pints Active Member

they keep doing free bbq's at work to entice people to but caravans, but i keep sending my staff round to eat them! mwahahaha!!!
  15. Aaron

Aaron Member

Well, as a typical Fosters Guzzling Aussie, i'd have to say im quite partial to a T-bone steak the size of your arm, although trout with onion & tomato wrapped in foil is fair dinkum, & corn on the cob with lashings of full fat butter...wot a rippa!!
  16. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

How could I have forgotten them! Shove them right into the flame so it sets on fire :biggrin: then eat the skin bit and retoast them :D
  17. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

lumps of meat.
    big lumps of meat.
    lots of them.

(if anyone gets the reference, please do let me know... i'll heap love and affection on you, or maybe just rep)
  18. HBB

HBB Active Member

Burgers, Sausages and Chicken... plain and simple, just a little bit of ketchup!
  19. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Is it any coincidence that the advert at the bottom of this page is for a society to research Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis?!.....

20. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Burgers and sausages will do for me!

Maybe some chicken if I trust the chef...!

Oh, and barbecued bananas and marshmallows are very yummy too! :clap: :biggrin: