The Band & Bugles of the Light Division

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by meandmycornet, Aug 2, 2006.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

WOW!!! I saw these chaps and chapesses at the North Devon Show today.... and they were amazing!! I LOVED the bugles... especially the 'chicken' dance (fast marching with chicken arms!) I now want a bugle.... and a change of career.... I'm signing up for service!.... NOT! :tongue:

It was really amazing though! I had a little chat with the man on bass.... yes they actually had some proper brass band instruments... they had cornets, trombones, euphs and a bass.... and then lots of silly woodwind instruments!

Anybody else seen them?

2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Seen em!! seen em!! i've played and marched with em!!!
    isn't it a great spectacle to watch!!!
  3. meandmycornet

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I'M SO JEALOUS OF YOU CRAIGY!!!

I want to play with them! they are soooo cool! and they let two of our little beginner's have their photo taken with them :D

and Mr Howie got the box of CD's out of the bottom of the coach for me to buy one after he'd just finished neatly packing the coach up to go! :tongue:

Lovely bunch of chaps and you're right and absolutely amazing spectacle to watch!
  4. meandmycornet

Thats Tabitha (the little one) who's just 6 and play's cornet and her big sister Daisy who's 8 and play's tenor horn, with the Band Major (I think) of the Band and Bugles of the Light Division :D
  5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Wow memories!!! i got married in that uniform!!!:p

he would be the bugle major.
    you have to go a long way to see a better marching display from the British Army. they are a band who always raise the roof .

Its a hell of an experience marching and playing at the pace they march at, and trying to do the display!!!!

i loved it!:clap:
  6. Di

Di Active Member

Blue polo shirt and jeans? Thats a bit informal for getting married in isn't it? :confused::tongue:

Sorry, erm .

*topic* ;)
  7. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

I was signed up with them till I failed the medical :( such a shame............. great bunch of guys though