The art of procrastination...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by The-Wee-Timpanist, May 12, 2008.

1. Being a student I'm rather good at this.

Was just wondering if anyone else out there was avoiding something they're meant to be doing.

I'm suppose to be studying for my exam in 'Business Strategy - Strategy Creation and Leadership' *insert huge yawn here*
  2. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

I know exactly what you mean!
    I'm not procrastinating now as my flat mate is in bed and I can't start practising as she'd shout at me and I don't understand Swedish so it's not good.

But I know all about procrastination.
    how do you do it?
    Do you do something else that is slightly related but not quite what you should be doing?
  3. Well, I don't really do anything related to business strategy, tonight I updated my iPod because I need to listen to music when studying and then I done some ironing because I need clothes to wear to the actual exam :lol:
  4. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I'm studying for a HNC Construction course. I'm work 4 days a week with one day at college. I'm in my final year and really cannot be bothered and I mess about on here and other websites instead of doing my work or sometimes just stay at my local.

I really feel for you, I did a business studies degree and I found strategy, management and leadership really boring and I cannot blame you for avoiding work.

Good Luck Anyway, hehehe
  5. groovy

groovy Active Member

I have 2 exams I'm meant to be studying for.
    This week its Biomolecular Science/Animal Husbandry. I have studied ok though, I can tell you a lot about sheep!
    If there was no tMP/4barsrest/bebo I always think I would be a lot more productive, but in reality I know I would just find another form of procrastination. There is the 2nd half of the Sex and the City boxset begging to be watched....
  6. Give me marketing any day! I hate management and strategy, its all theory and models - like I actually care!

Next week I have a marketing exam on Thursday morning, I'm still going to band on Wednesday night :lol: procrastination again? No. Band is way more important!!
  7. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

Hum, this is the second time in a fortnight that I have seen this subject "The art of procrastination" on internet forums. Is it catching?
    I am one of the worlds best procrastinators, I could actually lecture on the subject, if I could get a round tuit.
    I have one somewhere, I must find it and hang it on the wall when I get---- Oh ignore that.
  8. Hells Bones

Exam time. Procrastination is in abundance!

The worst form of procrastination has to be computer games. Games that are continuous (Like battle games, strategy, Age of Empires type games)
    You start playing and next thing you know you have just wasted 3 hours worth of revision.
  9. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

yerp i'm at it!

Have a general studies exam, a stats exam and and english exam (all AS) over thursday and friday and just spent the last two hours watching City play footy on the telly!
  10. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

My GCSEs start tomorrow... I'm on tmp. Says it all really... stupid internet stopping me revising! lol
  11. Well, my first exam is in 2 hours and I'm on here and singing along (quietly) to my iPod up in a computer suite at uni... my notes are out in front of me looking all pretty in rainbow colours but I'm not actually reading them.

All together now, "Oh but let me tell you that I love you, that I think about you all the time, Caledonia you're calling me and now I'm going home!"
  12. Hells Bones

if it were me it would be more along the lines of...

"Say your prayers little one, don't forget my son, to include everyone.
    Tuck you in, warm within, keep you free from sin, till the sandman he comes.

Sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight."

Anyone want to fill in the next line??
  13. bbg

bbg Member

I was going to add my views on this important subject.......but I'll leave it to tomorrow....
  14. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Ummmmmmm could be "exit light.... enter night..... take my to never never land"???? :metal:

Shows that I'm not all about brass bands.... eclectic is my middle name... or it would be if I had one!:roll:
  15. Hells Bones

:metal: :metal: :metal:
  16. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Just caught wind of that quizzy thing on sky wi Shane Ritchie.... some nonsense to do with knowing song lyrics.... dunno what the pot is like but think i'd be any good:roll: ..... think i might have to sing them though so maybe not.....:shock: