The Amazing Mr. Arban, arr. Elgar Howarth

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Seedhouse, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Hello, just wondering whether anyone knew the excercises from the Arban that Mr. Howarth used and compiled in this piece for the solo part?
    I know a few, but i'm trying to find all of them, but i'm not going to play through the entire book just to find them! :lol:
    Cheers.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    part
    few
    anyone
    book
    all
  3. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

Page 106 No.9 is the theme, it goes back to the days when he was having lessons at the Royal Manchester College of Music with a great trumpet teacher called Cecil Kidd. It was used as a sound exercise, probably the most difficult exercise one could get, done properly.

DJ

4. Moy

Moy Active Member

I agree Mr James but in the American Arban it's P 106 No 44.

That's my excuse for always getting numbers wrong. :wink:

Strangely enough it's difficult in mine as well in the correct pitch and even down a 5th, but it is getting better - honest.

Hear you made trumpet players who auditioned for the BBC Scottish audition with another favourite of mine!!!!!!!!!!

5. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Because i have (seemingly) nothing better to do...*sigh* i know a few of the exercises in the solo:

pg 28 ex 20,
    pg 29 ex 23,
    pg 109 ex 5,
    pg 172 ex 71 and 72,
    Study No 13 (my fave :D )

Thats most of 'em :D

:wink:

6. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Over the last couple of months I have come to appreciate what you meant by this, David! :shock:

7. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

I appreciate that you've worked at it :oops: All the talking is done with the bell end and I've got the message.

Dafydd ap Iago