The All New tMP Articles System and a new contest- maybe you can win yourself an iPOD

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Mar 3, 2006.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

[imgleft]http://www.themouthpiece.com/images/tmp_news_icon.gif[/imgleft]The All New tMP Articles System and a new contest - maybe you can win yourself an iPOD!

A few people have been asking me lately when the articles system would be reinstated - well, here it is, back in all it's glory and a lot more. Take a look! I have ported the existing articles across to the new system, but unfortunately I couldn't find a way to bring the comments and replies across too... but given some of the criticism I experienced maybe that's not such a bad thing eh!!

[imgright]http://www.themouthpiece.com/images/nano.gif[/imgright] To re-launch the tMP Articles system we are running an exciting competition that anyone registered on tMP can enter. Do we have any budding undiscovered journalists out there...? How do you fancy writing and submitting an article to tMP based on your experiences of your Regional Area Contest day? Simply write an interesting, humorous, or fun account of what you experienced on your day, and enter it into the tMP contest. We have some cool prizes on offer too which are an iPod Nano together with a 1yr Subscription to the British Bandsman. The winning article will also be considered for publication in the British Bandsman.

Rules and Judging: There are a few rules we must enforce which are;
    • entries must be submitted within 1 week of the final regional contest.
    • entries must be no longer than 1,200 words and can include up to 2 images
    • tMP's Family Friendly Forum rules must apply to all entries
    • For prizes to be offered, we must receive at least 10 entries
    • Five finalists will be selected from all the entries by Kenny Crookston, Editor of the British Bandsman and a representative of tMP
    • Finalists will be listed in a public poll open to all registered members of tMP
    • Winners will be announced within 7 days of contest closing
    Submit your entries in this area of tMP.

So, take note of what goes on at your regional contest and turn the experience into an exciting article. Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2006
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    contest
    articles system
    tMP.
    iPOD
    All New tMP Articles System
  3. rutty

rutty Active Member

Article submitted :)

4. TheMusicMan

Cheers Dave...

Come on everyone - doesn't anyone want to win an iPOD Nano?

5. TheMusicMan

Are we going to see a last minute rush of submissions following the regionals happening today? Doesn't anyone want to win a Nano?

6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

We have a week from tomorrow, no??

7. TheMusicMan

Yes Pat - but I am happy to extend this date if we can expect more entries. We haven't had enough yet to warrant the prize...

... so come on folks... get writing...!!:D

8. rutty

rutty Active Member

Can we enter more than one? I have an idea for another article. Nothing to do with burger vans this time though.

9. Di

Di Active Member

I see nothing in the rules which says not Dave. Go for it. I'm sure John will clarify for you. :)

10. TheMusicMan

You bet Dave... go for it sir... :tup

11. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Wait for mine!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    contest
    articles system
    tMP.
    iPOD
    All New tMP Articles System
  13. TheMusicMan

No worries... we have!! and as there now seems to be a little more interest in this contest, we'll keep it open for entries for a few more weeks. At least it seems that there may now be enough entrants for me to provide the prize so someone is gonna get a nice new iPOD Nano from tMP.

Come on... get your fun articles submitted and have a go. You never know what you'll come up with.

14. DublinBass

So if the deadline has been extended can I add an article about this weekends North American Brass Band Championships instead of the areas?

15. TheMusicMan

You betcha Pat... :tup

16. DublinBass

Thanks for the extention. Article has been submitted...when does the new window close?

17. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

So who won it??