The 2nd most bizarre and surreal experience of my life

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by mikelyons, May 29, 2008.

1. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

My partner and I have just arrived home to find a strange woman, ****ed (or worse) out of her head, sitting in our front room as brazen as brass and surrounded by broken glass from the door she and her partner in crime had smashed to get in.

They had ransacked a couple of the rooms downstairs and attempted at some point to make something to eat, getting cooking oil and water all over the place. They had attempted to cut the wires to the alarm because they were too stupid to realise that the alarm has a back-up battery. The male person cut and ran, leaving this female to face the police. Honour amongst thieves?

We are now faced with the mess left behind and a late night dealing with the police.

Now the policeman has run off to deal with another emergency. What is the world coming to?
  2. Di

Di Active Member

Bizarre indeed. Good luck with the clean up operation. :eek:
  3. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

you see, criminals are having fun. They obviously realise that the british police are too scared to do anything serious about it. They'll just pack the couple off on an all expenses paid 'rehabilitation' trip (luxury holiday) to some carribean country to teach them how to behave.

Has this been said before, what is the world coming to?!!
  4. robcav

robcav Member

Love the cynicism at such a tender age but it's no good blaming the police Jonny. The police will certainly deal with the criminals according to due process. It's the judiciary that needs our critical attention along with the issue of the overcrowding in our prisons (I note a recent report about a large number of low risk prisoners due for early release) Sad to say, the offenders will probably receive a community order rather than a custodial sentence but so much depends on circumstance and their previous criminal activity.

I know how much of a trauma it is to be burgled so I can understand your frustration and incredulity, Mike. Hope everything returns to normal quickly and an appropriate punishment is given to those morons.
  5. mikelyons

OK, what happened to my message?
  6. mikelyons

The policeman who dealt with us was totally professional and helpful and treated us with consideration and respect, despite having to fill in what seemed like about 300 forms. He even parked our cars for us to prevent the thieving gets from running off with my car as they had got all the spare keys and my spare fob. He was really very caring and we are writing to his chief constable to say how impressed we are.

I just can't believe the sheer brass of the girl, sitting there quite calmly even though she was caught red handed and with some of our small bits and pieces in her posession.
  7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Unlucky Mike, but glad one of them was caught and no one injured.

Reminds me of an incident when a friend and I walked back to our cars after work and found a man sitting in a car, trying to start it. He was stark naked. My mate said to him, ''It would start better if you used the keys.'' The man replied, ''I would, but I can't find them.'' My mate said,'' That's because they are in my pocket! This is MY car, and you are nicked!'' 4 hours overtime. Thanks very much.
  8. Di

Di Active Member

Which message Mike? :confused:

Oh dear. Does this mean you'll need to change all the locks on the cars? Were there house keys on there too? Did you get a look at the fella or had he already gone by the time you got there?

Hope you manage to recover soon from this nasty experience. :(
  9. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Sorry Mike, but I must ask --- what was the most bizarre and surreal moment?
  10. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I guess that was when he lost his GPS and found it back inside his bass :D

I'm sorry to hear about what happened too Mike.
    Last edited: May 30, 2008
  11. steve butler

Ah yes, I remember now. :biggrin:

Talk about hitting a man while he's down! Sorry Mike :(

PS A quick idea for preventing a repeat of this episode.......

Next time you are practising your GPS case (sorry - tuba) try recording it and when you next go out put recording on at loud level.
    That should do the trick :p
  12. glidng_slide

glidng_slide Member

At least she was caught red handed, just over a year ago we were broken into by my partners ex, we suspected him as he had taken things that were quite personal to him, as well as a number of games consoles, games, laptops, and phones belonging to the children. Even tho he was the main suspect it took the police a few weeks to find and interview him, and as expected he denied all knowledge of the offence. His house was searched and nothing found. He has access to a car, but as this was neither in his name nor provided to the police they could not search the car initially. A couple of weeks later having returned to the police station for bail for another offence the vehicle was found by the police and impounded. Upon searching the car most of the property was found in the boot of the vehicle, upon this his approach changed and the response was that the property was left at his house and he was in the process of returning it. The police charged him following this, however he was released on bail.

Just over a year later,several court appearences and adjourments for him to gather more evidence to support his denial he eventually pleaded guilty to the offence.

Its been quite a hard year because of this, he has been free to roam wherever he likes while we look over our shoulders for the next action he decides is in his favour.

He is to be sentenced in a couple of weeks time, although I doubt that will deter him from any future activities.

I just hope yours doesnt go on as long as this

PS the movie comes out in the autumn hehe :)
    Last edited: May 30, 2008
  13. mikelyons

She has been arrested and is in custody until her court appearance. She's now claiming it was all the man's fault and she's given his name to the police. Let's see where we go from here. It is still very surreal. However, at least we've been able to wash up. and remove some of the mess.
  14. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Have to say I am extremely curious about that one too Mike?
  15. mikelyons

I might remind you that this is a family forum, but it did involve a public convenience in Leigh and a considerable amount of moaning in the dark!

Let's draw a veil over that one, shall we...

I still can't get my head around the behaviour of this girl. She must have been as high as a kite on something.

Yes all the car locks and even my steering lock all have to be changed. The locksmith came and did all the house doors today. We're waiting for a glazier for the door with the broken glass and we've now put star bolts on all the internal doors. We'll get the new alarm system tomorrow and install that and we've also replaced all the bulbs in our security lights. The inconvenience of it all is getting on my nerves.

I'm also very, very tired. I can't live on only 3 hours of sleep.
  16. marc71178

marc71178 Member

2 officers 4 hours overtime for what sounds like a bang to rights simple crime?

No wonder this country's in the state it's in.
  17. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Thank goodness they didn't damage your computer or you wouldn't be able to tell everyone about it!
    I presume you called the police before making time to post on tmp?
  18. steve butler

cruel :clap:
  19. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

I wondered what was surreal until you mentioned Leigh.............:rolleyes:
  20. mikelyons

The policeman was still here while I was writing the message. :)

I don't mind them damaging the computer - it's the data on the external hard drives that's important and the machine is covered by my household insurance. In any case, Kelly, I have two machines of my own, plus my partner's two machines if I had lost one, it would have been inconvenient, but no more than that!

Bayerd, if you know Leigh, then you might remember the old public convenience near the bus station? It was notorious for vile things going on there!