Thats Life Theme Tune

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Timpking, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Timpking

Timpking Member

Does anyone know what band played the theme tune to Thats Life? Yes you remember the old sunday night TV show.
    Is there a recording of it or is it published? :lol:

2. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

I have a feeling it may have been what was then Aldershot Brass Ensemble, now Alder Valley Brass - if it wasn't them, then they certainly did do a TV show theme!

edited:

Thanks for putting me right! I was probably thinking of their involvement in a Harry Worth series.

3. ratley

ratley Member

It was Hanwell - some of the members of the band that recorded the theme tune were asked to play it on a tv special a few years back. :tup

Sorry - forgot to answer the second question!! There is a copy of the music floating around in the Hanwell archives, but I'm not sure if it's a published one - please pm me and I'll try to help.

Kay

4. Bungle

Bungle Member

Our cornet player Sharon Mcallum played for Hanwell and said they got royalities every time it appeared on the TV. Thats life was on channel 4's 100 funniest moments last night so I hope they get some more for that.

5. ratley

ratley Member

We wish!!!!:-?

6. Jasonp

Jasonp Member

Cool, I used to play for Hanwell and didn't know that.

Hi Kay, how's tricks?

7. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

It was Hanwell, and I've a feeling Studio Music publish the arrangement. Try them.

8. ratley

ratley Member

9. It was indeed the Hanwell Band. I played on the 'That's Life' recording and also took part in the filming of the title sequence. There were no royalties... the band were paid a 'one off' fee. Individual members were paid nothing in the spirit of amateur brass banding!