Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by jockinafrock, Mar 14, 2011.

1. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Just want to say a huge thanks to everyone who has got in touch with me recently supporting my decision to have a break from banding currently. It's been very heart-warming! :D I'm in no hurry to return to fulltime banding, but I know bands always need deps for concerts, so do get in touch if you need a half-decent cornet player to fill in! ;)
  2. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Whilst I don't know you personally, I can vouch that sometimes it's exactly what you need to do. I had 4 months off myself recently and have come back to banding with a renewed love of it and enthusiasm for all things brass.

Glad to hear everyone's been so supportive too. Hope your time off works well for you. :)
  3. jockinafrock

Cheers for that Andi! :D Popped along to a wee local band the other night to help out and had a great time! Also hoping to take over conducting another local band - where one door closes another one opens! :biggrin:
  4. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

I hope it's not my band you're hoping to take over conducting of!!!!
    lol, you are more than welcome any time Fi, the band seemed to enjoy your company very much.

Good luck with all that you do in your future banding, you're a great person who deserves to be happy with their lot.

5. jockinafrock

Aw shucks Craig - you're too kind..:biggrin: Enjoyed my blow with the band and will defo be back - good to get back to grass roots and (hopefully) offer some gems now and again! ;)
  6. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

will have a chat next time i see you;):clap:
  7. nethers

nethers Active Member

Four months for Andi, four years for me!