Thanks to Merben Music

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by andreab, Feb 3, 2008.

1. andreab

andreab Member

I'd like to say a big Thank You to Jamie at Merben Music who helped me out yesterday when my valve spring snapped a couple of hours before a concert. Being a Courtois instrument it was looking like it would be impossible to get the spring replaced (I'm struggling to find anywhere that can supply me with Courtois spares). But even though I don't know Jamie and I'd only been to the shop a couple of times before, he rescued me, re-constructed a spring from some bits in a tin and replaced some felts. Good as new!

Thanks Jamie! :clap:

Andrea

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Andrea - is this Merben Music in Crewe...?

3. andreab

andreab Member

Yes it is, they've just moved across town and are tucked away on the street where Normans used to be in the olden days!

4. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

So the moral of the story is

Always carry at least one spare valve spring in your case !!!!

5. jamie m

jamie m New Member

Hi Andrea,

Your welcome!

Its amazing what you can do with a sovereign cornet spring and a wire snips!

Hope the concert went well.

Regards
    Jamie, Merben Music

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

or... always put on concerts in or around the Crewe area...:)

I think Jamie and the crew (pun intended) deserve a pat on the back here for helping Andrea out in the manner they did.

Enjoy some free PR for Merben Music Jamie... courtesy of tMP.

7. Hi Andrea

Sounds like you are playing again. Good to hear that.

I was in Crewe last weekend and thought I would pop in to Merben music, only to drive past & find the shop on Nantwich Road is now selling furniture !!

The website still has the adress on Nantwich Road. Can anyone let me know the new address (sorry, not being a local I didn't know where 'Normans' used to be).

Thanks.

Steve

8. andreab

andreab Member

Hi Steve!
    Go past the entrance to Asda car park then at the traffic lights turn left. It's a couple of hundred yards down there on the right. Now don't tell me you haven't been round here long enough to know where Asda is?

Merben's phone number is still the same, you could ring...but maybe by the time I've typed this Jamie'll have seen your post and given a better answer than mine.

Andrea
    p.s. I think the old Normans is now a furniture shop too!

9. Thanks Andrea.

Sadly I do know where Asda is.

We were given a Yamaha keyboard just before Christmas so am looking for some sort of stand that will mean I don't have to move it every time I need to get at the PC! Looking at the Merben website, they obviously sell Yamaha keyboards, so I'm hoping they also sell accessories & will have a stand to fit (at a reasonable price!).

Good luck with the playing.

Steve