Thanks Horden

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Ali, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Ali

Ali Member

I would just like to say a big THANKYOU to the guys and gals of the BHK (UK) Horden massive for yet another fantastic weekend in Durham. What a cracking good do! Cheers to both Anne and Wilf for the invite. It was also good to see so many faces that I haven't seen for a while like Jayne S, Deave, Wee Kay, Judd, Lance and the Reg Vardy (Ever Ready) lads. Plenty of bands :grnsm and plenty of drinking :guiness, can't really ask for much more. Long may the Durhan Miners Gala continue and long may the price of a pint stay below the £1.50 mark!!!!!!! :tup :tup :tup

2. jambo

jambo Member

No probs Al, glad you had a good one. The miners gala remains one of the best gigs on the calender..and we even managed to get on tv this year! Fame at last ha ha.

Here's to the next one :guiness :D

3. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

It was good to see you too Al. Glad you had a good one its one of the best days of the year. And like you say with beer that cheap you cant loose.

Take it easy mate. See you soon

4. Gaz Beck

Gaz Beck New Member

Now then!

I'd like to add a massive thank you to the following people:

Ann - for putting us up and making sure we had a top weekend!
    Wilf - for letting us play!
    All the BHK (UK) Horden Massive - for making us welcome... again!
    Delph Man - for the mustard!
    The bar staff at the Prison Warders Club - for cheap ale! :guiness
    Bobby and all at the Vain arms - best stella I've ever had and a TOP night!
    :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness
    Clegg - for snoring like a Buffalo!

And finally... of course...

The Hogman!

Absolutely brilliant weekend - will definately be there next year!
    UP THE HORDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GB :D

5. jambo

jambo Member

Top class Gaz!

Aye you Saddleworthers have got to watch out for that northern mustard, you never know who it will get next!

Cheers to you and the rest of the travelling army. Still recovering from feeling and looking as though I've been shot!

Keep on drinking! :guiness

6. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Its always a good sign when people turn down the Warden's Club (£1.50ish a pint) to go to the Swan & 3 cos it's "cheaper"!!

Was it me or was the Warden's Club quieter than usual?

7. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Yeah it was very quiet this year. There were rumours that the place was closed to non members. Especially bandsmen. But we pursuaded them otherwise.

8. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Lol. That made my weekend. He looks sounds and smells like a pig. Long live the Hogman.

Good to see you Gaz looking respelndent in your Horden tie.

9. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I'd heard that rumour earlier in the day but didn't believe it, surely they can't close on Durham Day... it must account for a large proportion of their yearly earnings!!!

10. Gaz Beck

Gaz Beck New Member

Great weekend Gaz! Thought it was fairly busy in Wardens Club - was on and off though wasn't it?

Well up for it next year as is Clegg, Youngy and Al - we should try and make it up before then for a weekend or something for a few Stella's in the Vain - best!

VIVA LA HOGMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GB :lol:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Thanks Horden
    THANKYOU
    faces
    good
    Horden
  12. Ali

Ali Member

Beware my dears, the Hog man cometh!!! Hey Jambo, I didn't realise Northern Mustard was so dangerous!!!

13. jambo

jambo Member

Its a killer!

One not so careful bite and its a dry cleaning bill to be scared of! :shock:

14. Gaz Beck

Gaz Beck New Member

Ah........ talking of dry cleaning bills jambo.............

That red wine you sloshed all over my WHITE shirt - didn't come out!!!!

Who do I send the dry cleaning bill to??????

:lol:

15. jambo

jambo Member

I sloshed?

Was I asleep or just totally mashed? Have no recolection... :?

The Hog man striketh again. Bill Holmesy, he has too much money and nothing to do. He'll clean it for you. And its bound to be his fault the red spilt anyway...is now! :wink: