thanks for helping.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by super_sop, Sep 5, 2004.

1. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

just thought id say thanks to everybody that helped Wem jubilee band out today, at a little carnival in Wem.

thanks to simon, Jo, and tom for poping up from Jackfield band to help out it was good to see you guys again.

David who came across from Warrington.

Really Big thanks to Mr reallyexpresiveflugel(thats woodenflugel for those who wernt on the temp tmp!) He came all the way from leicestershire to help us out! what a star! it was good to see you again dude.
    come back soon:p

Thanks everybody, you helped make the day a really enjoyable one.

2. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Awwwwww you've made me feel all guilty!:oops:

It was a pleasure and if anyone finds themselves in the Sherwsbury area I would recommend that you go along to a Wem rehearsal - they really are a top bunch, conducted by a top bloke....

(fee in the post is it Roger....)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2004
  3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Yes, a big thank you to all our guests who helped us out at our Annual Carnival, especially Ian who not only played yesterday but came along to a rehearsal (with Becky - Icke Sop) on Friday too. It's fantastic to have tMP Members poping into our band rehearsals which is now almost a regular monthly occurence, and of course tMP is a great resource for finding good deps!

Thanks once again Ian and we'll see you again at the Dinner Dance!

4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I'll say thanks to everybody too.....Thanks! All were thoroughly charming people and managed to even appear so when doing a two mile march on possibly the hottest day of the year (it seemed it anyway) and then again playing in the dark!

5. Boneman

Boneman Member

Cheers Guys!

really ejoyed the carnival, good to hear the band sounding so good!

I'd re-inforce what Woodenflugel says - they are a great bunch at Wem, they alway make visitors feel very welcome.

NB Thanks for holding up the parade for us!!!!!! (we were running (quite literally!) a bit late).

6. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

Good to see that Wem Carnival is still long and still finishes in the dark!! Used to have great fun doing it when I was in Porthywaen Band, especially playing the same march over and over again cos you couldn't see your music!!!

7. WoodenFlugel

What? you went back and did it again? You should've said - I might have hung around.....;)

8. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Damn, didn't we mention it! - sorry Arthur!

;)

9. WoodenFlugel

:lol:

Good one Roger! But "you won't make me feel guilty"!!! ;)