Thanks Everyone

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Thirteen Ball, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

I feel I have a liitle explaining to do to start with on this, my 700th post. I just received an E-mail from Pennine music to say they want to publish a couple of my pieces! I know nothing's final yet, and I don't want to jump the gun, or count my chickens but I'm so pleased to have taken that step towards getting into print, I just had to thank the people on this forum who've helped me whilst learning to compose and arrange.

Two names immediately spring to mind, and although lots of you have offered help, encouragement and advice along the way, I think their special mention is deserved.

Naruco - for teaching me how to write for percussion, and persisting when I was too dumb to grasp it at first. :clap

Timbone - for all your help with copyright related issues and publication queries. :clap

And of course to TheMusicMan for this site in the first place! I'll mention no-one else by name, because there's too many to list, but you know who you are. Especially those from Co-op who post on here too, and friends and colleagues from other bands.

I am eternally in your debt.

2. BeatTheSheep

BeatTheSheep Member

good luck. I'm in the same position, but because I'm too ill to publish it myself now.
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hope it all comes off alright, and proves to be just the start. As you know, I enjoyed your "Forty Shillings" - funnily enough I was only listening to it again the other day - and it's good to feel that such quality arrangements will be more widely available.
  4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Great news Andi... thanks for posting this and I wish you the very best of luck in your music composition and publication ventures.

TIMBONE Active Member

Well done Andi, and I look forward to playing your music.
  6. JR

JR Member

all the best Andi - keep it going

john r