Thank you!

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by NervyBsMD, Mar 18, 2011.

1. NervyBsMD

NervyBsMD Member

There seem to have been a lot of posts in various threads recently complaining in various ways about the manner in which the Area contests have been organised.

I would like to go on record by expressing my support and thanks for all the hard work and dedication shown by the Organisers and Supporters of the Midlands Area Contest last weekend.

As always it was a professionally run event across two excellent venues. Stewarding was done firmly but fairly, catering was of a good standard, and officers and volunteers treated bands with authority and respect, producing a slick, yet relaxed, event.

They come in for a lot of stick when things do go a little awry (and when players don't get the result they feel they deserved!) but my suspicion is that those who complain are the same people who would be at the back of the queue (or not even in the queue, probably down the pub complaining about something else!) for new volunteers on another occasion.

So for what it's worth, I would like to say a big "Thank You" to all of you who gave up your time, both on the weekend and in preparation, to produce what was yet again a very enjoyable event.

Well done!

:clap:

2. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

Nervy

There is no place for this sort of comment on here, especially as you choose to hide behind a ridiculous false identity.

This is a family forum etc

Mods. Please remove and ban accordingly.

I need a sit down.

Bob

3. Pauli Walnuts

Pauli Walnuts Moderator Staff Member

If there was a tMP award for funniest poster, Bob's right up there.

4. MajorMorgan

MajorMorgan Member

Quick call the police - renegade representatives of the MABBC are obviously holding this man hostage and forcing him to write this under duress, probably whist torturing him by forcing him to listen to recordings of all five sections' contests in a continuous loop, all at the same time.

We must waste no time in freeing him.

5. NervyBsMD

NervyBsMD Member

:p

Sadly there were no recordings of this year's contest - but I will admit to having listened to an unofficial recording of our performance a few times.........!

:woo

6. Unofficial recordings... quick call the PRS! and of course you'll want your commissions for the playing.... what a can of worms to open!

I am gonna agree with you though, i thought the Midlands contest was excelentlt run. But then again we won too so i might be biased.

7. NervyBsMD

NervyBsMD Member

Not surprised that we agree - if I'm not mistaken, we used to be 2/3 of one of the best Trombone Sections in the Area????

:D

8. Spaniels Ears

Spaniels Ears Member

Thank you, however please make sure you get it right next year! North west was bobbins! Get 2 in the ****** box!

9. Yea, that was a fine section and it was great to see you on Sat. Good luck wirh Carnival Romain am rooting foer you.