Thank You to Granite City Brass

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by flugelgal, Nov 11, 2004.

1. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Many thanks from me to Granite City Brass for allowing me to join them for the last 11 months. I think the highlight of my time was last Saturday’s contest, when we played a complete programme of brand new Darrol Barry music and did very well indeed.

Special thanks go to Moira for being so good to me, especially when I first arrived in the area. She fed me lots of hot dinners, and quickly became a very good friend. I am going to miss you lots, Moy. :-(

Thanks also to David James (and of course Rita) for not only giving me sound advice and encouragement with my playing, but feeding me too and I will always remember that you gave me a sofa when I had nothing to sit on.

Good luck to the band for the future, especially Alison, who is now sitting in the best seat in the band and doing a grand job.

Keep in touch and thanks again to everyone!

Kirsty :cool:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    music
    lots
    dinners
    Darrol Barry
    friend
  3. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

Our pleasure

Kirsty, you've been an asset to the band from the moment you arrived, and we are greatful for the contribution. Good luck and best wishes for the future with that lovely gentleman that's stolen your heart; we can totally understand why, having met your handsome Irish charmer. The delight is I now have another place to visit where I can indulge my other passion of fly fishing; maybe we can come to some arrangement, lol.
    On the other hand you can still work on him to come to Aberdeen, there'll always be a welcome.

David

P.S. There's always a warm welcome to all who want to join our organisation as we have two (2) bands, Granite City Brass, and Granite City Community Band.

4. Despot

Despot Member

Handsome Irish charmer? Have you met someone else? Does Neal know? :)

5. Moy

Moy Active Member

Well Kirsty I have to admit I am really going to miss you.
    Nobody to keep my fridge stocked with lemonade - Irn Bru to help my hangovers!!!!!!

Still keep hoping that both you and Kepdecide to move to Aberdeen - then we can gain a cornet player instead of losing a flugel player.

As DJ said, I too will be visiting you both in Dublin - but not for fishing.;)

It is been a pleasure to have you play in the band and and also great having you here as a pal - remember there is always a place for you both here. That's band wise and house wise as well.
    Gonna really miss you pal.:-(

6. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

I see you know him!!!!!!

I see you know this galant gentleman, and yes I can say it has been my privilege to have met him on a number of occasions during his fleeting visits to our fair city of Aberdeen.

DJ

7. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

You're just luck you're leaving before the sacked you...I heard the talk around the water cooler;)

Seriously, best of luck to Granite City without Kirsty, and best of luck to Kirsty & Kepps!!!

8. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

A gentleman of exceptional good taste, it seems ;)

I must say that said fleeting visits were indeed met with great hospitality by all at Granite City. Fine bunch of people there, and what a talented percussion section eh? ;)

Don't expect to never see me again (damn, you say) I'm sure we'll be back in the area to annoy you once again ;)

Many thanks

9. Moy

Moy Active Member

Neal you could never annoy anyone - a true gent you are.
    Will be seeing you soon anyway.
    You are always more than welcome at our band anytime.

Although I have said I will be visiting you both I am sure we will see you here for the ODD visit.;)

10. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I've heard he likes himself a bit too!!

11. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

With good reason... :cool:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    music
    lots
    dinners
    Darrol Barry