Thameside Youth Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by lynchie, Nov 24, 2003.

1. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Anyone else going next weekend? Could someone tell me how to get to the venue!!!???

2. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

oh dear! I'nm going, so i may see you there, and will try to find directions for you!

3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

FULL details of this contest would be good... like an exact date, venue and time...
    Just saying 'next weekend' is err, a bit vage :p

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Thank you! :D

6. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

im going to thameside next weekend, and playing :?

7. Dolly

Dolly Member

We'll be there trying to improve on last years third place and Lizi's best soloist woo!

8. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

We're going!!

We're planning on improving on 2nd from last year!

9. leisa

leisa Active Member

Stockport will be there :)

10. Steve

Steve Active Member

I havent done this contest for a few years and I honestly dont remember doing it on that one occasion. Is there going to be a pub where everyone will be meeting for post performance celebrations/sorrow drowning or is it a case of just wander round town and fall into any old pub?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Thameside Youth Contest
    Thameside Youth
    weekend
    venue
  12. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Hey Steve guess what!! I'm going to be getting to Tameside about 1.40, an hour and 20 mins before the rest of the band! If I can remember which end of the trombone to blow into you'll be very lucky!!!! :D

hehe... standing for soloy bits... hehe... oops!

13. Steve

Steve Active Member

Not doing rehearsal Sunday morning!!! Im shocked and dissapointed Mr Lynch. I may go straight there too cos Im playing in Nottingham for Ransomes on Sat night and it will be just as easy to keep heading north rather than back to Wilbarston.

14. leisa

leisa Active Member

awww u cumin to support stockport paul??? and ha i made u talk to me on monday so ur refusal to talk till after sunday failed mwhaaaa :twisted:

15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

no, I was talking to Matt... I may have been looking at you but I was talking to him...! :D

Anyway, support Stockport? I think not! I might watch and make inappropriate remarks about the female members of the band, but I wouldn't call that support!!

And Steve, if I wanted to go to the rehearsal I'd have to be on a train at 6am!! And then I'd just end up going straight back past my house on a coach the other way! At least this way I get to lie in till 12!

16. leisa

leisa Active Member

how rude!!! i will get him to send me those incriminating photos of u on his fone!!!!

They are all female lynchie.......in one way or another!!

se u there!!! :twisted:

17. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

hmmm... that sounds suspicious... I'll probably still grab myself a front row seat though! :D

18. leisa

leisa Active Member

had a rehearsal last night and despite the fact we only got the music out on saturday it wasnt sounding too bad.......we still wont get prizes i shouldnt think unless something strange happens on the day.

19. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

that's odd because yb2k have been practicing for months and... well... :oops:

Anyone know if Rochdale are going to be there? I fancy hearing them playing (Keppler - Closed adjudication contest - music choice deleted) , should be quite impressive!

20. Dolly

Dolly Member

Oh damn-we better start practising then I reckon! :shock:

21. leisa

leisa Active Member

dont practise on account of us [the horror] we dont sound that good infact its probably quite bad my ears are just used to it!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Thameside Youth Contest
    Thameside Youth
    weekend
    venue