Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Di, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Di

Di Active Member

OK, I'm going to prove just how sad I am and ask this question. :-?

Just how do you get those mega scores, not only in the 100's of thousands, but in the millions! :eek:

There must be a secret so who among you are willing to tell. :biggrin:
  2. Queenie

Queenie Member

you practise....and practise......and practise....
    i must spend at least half an hour on tetris a day in lessons with computers.
    you find after time it all seems to click into place

haha i sound really sad too
  3. Alisop

Alisop Member

You start on level 9.
  4. andyp

andyp Active Member

Time and practice!

If you really want a challenge, somewhere in the attic I think I may have a copy of 3D Tetris (DOS version, really old).

Normal Tetris has left, right, rotate and drop.

3D Tetris has up, down, left, right, drop, and SIX rotate keys (left and right rotate x3 for 3 different planes). Oh, and you view the pit the pieces drop into from above, so if there's a "hole" under a dropped piece you can't see it!
    Most difficult simple game ever? Maybe. Lemmings Revolution is close though.........

Slightly easier version here.. http://www.3dtetris.com/

or here.... http://www.mathsisfun.com/games/3d-tetris-game.html
  5. Di

Di Active Member

Believe me, I spend far to much time on it. I do start at about level 5 or 6 and my max has been 57,000, but once it gets beyond level 11, it gets so stupidly fast there's just nowt you can do. I've tried CPU killer too, but that doesn't help either. I can't see it being possible to get above say, 100,000 let alone 500,000 or even up to 2m without cheating somehow. ;)
  6. Queenie

Queenie Member

i tried 3D tetris today. its shockingly difficult and sooo confusing. made me panic slightly haha.
  7. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Practise Tetris? Who knows the names of the best Tetris players in the world?? Yet we know Maynard Ferguson, Bill Chase, Richard Marshall, Doug Yeo. Buddy Rich, Simone Rebelleo

Dr. Childs I and II, Philip Sparke. Practice your instrument and you might be great at something that matters.

My best friend could play PacMan until his score was so high that others could play after him for HOURS without running out of points. No one know who he is. I have this "conversation" with my kid once a week. They give music scholarships. They DO NOT give Tetris Scholarships. If he practiced his euph 1/2 as much as he played video games, his college would be paid for.

8. Di

Di Active Member

Don't worry Jim. I don't play an instrument any longer. The two things I do do are type and drive and I get tons of practice at both of those. ;)
  9. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Well, I'd quite like to know too Di, so we can be saddos together!
    I can get just over 100k with a bit of patience, and starting down on level 4. I could probably get to about 150k if I perservered and my eyes didn't give out first, but I can't for the life of me figure out how people have managed to get much, much higher scores without some sort of cheating happening!

btw.... anyone else think its odd that most of the replies are from people who either haven't got high scores or are taking things a wee bit too seriously? :tongue:
  10. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

*stands up shakily*
    My name is Bex and I'm a Tetriholic. It's been 10 months, 2 weeks and 4 days since my last game. I'm just taking it one day at a time.
    People, I'm here to testify and to bear witness against the evils of this game. I was once where you are, a sad lonely freak. I would search out coloured block shapes wherever I went, visiting container ports to hot-wire the cranes and play Tetris with freight containers. I used Rubiks cubes as accessories, so I would always have some little coloured blocks near me. There came a point so low that I could even play Tetris in my head up to level 10.
    Well those days are over for me. I just hope you too can find the strength to put this addiction behind you.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  11. Di

Di Active Member

And that is why BMB wears the Queen of Random Crown. Long may she continue to do so, with this post to be nominated in 2008. ;):cool:
  12. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

It's great to have her back, for sure. However, I think there are two types of high scorers; those who cheat and those who have no life outside of tetris. We should pray for them to see that they are leaving the real world behind and get them to see the light that Brass Bands bring.... :D
  13. andyp

andyp Active Member

Superb. :clap::clap::clap::biggrin::grnsm