Test Piece Contest, Early October??

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by ploughboy, May 17, 2010.

1. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Howdy folks,

I'm on the look out for a Test Piece contest in Early - Mid october, is there one? and is it near Yorkshire?!

I've had a hunt around and come up short, any ideas welcome!

Thanks
    Garry

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    contest
    Test Piece
    Test Piece Contest
    look
    folks
  3. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Fleetwood, so not year Yorkshire but reachable, on 3rd October?

4. Frontman

Frontman Member

Hi Gary, must admit I don't know of any however, I believe that Bolsover Entertainment is on that day.
    By the way Fleetwood Contest is for NWCBBA Bands only and outsiders cannot enter, I know this because they would not let us enter last year. (Unless we joined the association)..

5. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

That would explain the low numbers in the top section then!

6. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

The Fife Charities Bands Association contest is being held in the Adam Smith Theatre in Kirkcaldy on 2nd October. Its an own choice march, hymn tune and test piece. Maybe a bit far to travel but it is a generally well attended contest.

7. barrytone

barrytone Member

Try the Wilkinsons Contest, or whatever they're calling it now. There was talk after last year's contest that it wouldn't go ahead because Wilkinson's were withdrawing their sponsorship but I have it on good authority that it will go ahead. Best to contact someone in NW Area Association for further details, sure someone on here will be able to provide the relevant details.

8. floppymute

floppymute Member

Wilkinsons is in November and as far as I'm aware it's going ahead.

Rainford band and NW Counties BBA organise this one, so Derek Atkinson or Frank Hodges is your man to contact.

9. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

There's the north wales open in Rhyll too, which I think is around the same time as wilkinsons. We did the two back to back one year. (That's a test-piece and March contest, by the way.)

Leicester contest is later in the year too but not sure exactly when.

10. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

The SCABA Contest in Folkestone is in October - whilst it's nowhere near, it's been a while since a Northern band braved the visit! ;)

11. Di B

Di B Member

Mid-November usually, but the dates change.

Also for anyone outside Championship section there is Leamington Contest that is usually within one week of Leicester.

For the Yorkshire bands, 'Leicester' contest is now held in Loughborough, which is J23 of the M1 if that helps to judge distance :)

Alternatively.... Pontins!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    contest
    Test Piece
    Test Piece Contest
    look
    folks
  13. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Nooooooo! Not stalag luft Prestatyn!

14. Martin

Martin Member

Leicester is 28th November this year. :)

15. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

The National Finals!

One small snag of course :biggrin: