Test it for me? plz. (Out with old in with new pt 3)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by alks, Jul 3, 2006.

1. alks

alks Member

Ok, probably for the last time!

Ive spent the last week converting my bands website to full css layout. Now there are many bugs and quirks using css, differnt browsers and operating systems can cause crazy things to happen. So if you would ? c if it looks ok on your pc/browser?. Ive only tested it in firefox, IE6 and opera(but that doesnt mean your system set up may throw up oddities).

Ive also done a mobile phone / pda version of the site!!! so (although ive only tested it on my phone) it should work on your phone so long as its wap2 or xhtml compatible?..(i'm quite chuffed about this!!!)

I think it must be one of the first "band" sites to have a mobile version......?

Lastly, the one thing that taxes me is that the current site is "fluid" ie. it flex's to fit the page, whereas the new css one is fixed-width... whcih is better?

New proposed Css Site:(works on mobiles - hopefully)

www.members.aol.com/amdunn99/marshfield/index.html

current site.

www.marshfieldband.co.uk

After this im going to have to leave the bands website alone!! and do something else.
    (Certainly doing the bands website has improved my web skills loads in the last few years).
    thanks

alks

2. Di

Di Active Member

You've obviously worked very hard and I for one, personally like the look of it, buuuuuut, how about a links page. :) ;)

3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Well done on the CSS conversion. You should find things easier to maintain now. As for your question, I now prefer fixed width. The main reason for this was when I upgraded from a 15" to a 21" monitor and viewed my site it looked awful. The browser tried to stretch everything to fit the higher resolution screen and my carefully crafted layout turned to cr4p. With fixed width I don't have that issue and as you probably know it lends itself better to devices other than computer monitors.

4. alks

alks Member

thanks for the comments.......however there is a link page on the contact page!.( I split the page in two.)

It seams that no oddities are being thown up thus far so im quite pleased!. Yippeee.

alks

5. Di

Di Active Member

Ah sorry I missed that ! Missed the sub-heading and didn't scroll all the way down. :redface: