Terry Wogan Endorsement

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sterlingsop, Oct 13, 2005.

1. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

I heard Terry Wogan say this morning that he wished B&R all the best for this weekend. He called them Alehouse and Gastrick and said that he hoped they'd become "champion band at the Albert Hall".

V funny, even when he started singing!!

(And yes I'm well aware of the anorak status I have just attained by admitting I listen to radio 2!!)
  2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Wogan's brilliant, he does it woth others too
    Dusty Springfield is Rusty Springboard I believe.

And what's wrong with Radio 2?? It's just Radio 1 from 12 years ago. All the DJ's have shifted en mass from one station to the other, or so it seems.
  3. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Nothing! Anyway let me get your slippers and a nice mug of cocoa and you have a snooze while the nice man off of the wireless plays some hip tunes from the hit parade :)
  4. 2nd man down

Dear Mr Womble of Cornwall,

In my book any radio station or similar that does not see the need to pollute the airwaves with the likes of Chas and bleedin' Dave deserves all the credit it can get.

2nd man down with it.
  5. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Ah you obviously didn't listen to the "Chas and Dave does Thrash Metal" session for Sarah Kennedy then! ;)

Mind you I have to say after listening to the podcast that Chris Evans is a great addition to Radio 2 and of course Radio 2 is home to "Listen to the Band"
  6. 2nd man down

Exactly! :biggrin:
  7. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

sings "My old maaaan said folla the vaaaaann"
  8. HSB

HSB Member

I say Wogan in the box from henceforth to the neverafter. Just imagine his cheeky, Oirish blarney on 4 Bars Rest as events unfold at Walmington Velodrome....
  9. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Well done to Terry Wogan and Radio 2 for even mentioning this weekend. It's a pity that more time is not spent by the media supporting brass bands. And as for 'Listen to the Band', great show, but to be put on a Friday evening at 9.30pm says a lot. What sort of audience to they think listen to this show? They obviously feel that bandsmen and women have nothing better to do at this time. Put it to another time slot I say, and see your viewing(?)/listeners increase.

RADIO 2 rocks (90%) of the time. Apart from Sunday eve, when I listen to Radio Humberside's 'Westenders', Radio 2 is the only station allowed (apart from the kid's bedroom's which need soundproofing!).
  10. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

How can you possibly imagine that listening to radio 2 (millions of listeners/most popular breakfast show) constitutes an anorak when this is a BRASS BAND forum!

Irony at it's best.
  11. six pints

six pints Active Member

oh no, is brass banding...... sad??????? I'm a trendy, get me out of here!!!!

(btw that was sarcasm. im in no way a fan of trendys, nor am i anywhere near becoming a trendy)
  12. Neil Glynn

Neil Glynn Member

that another word for 'chav' then Cheryl? :rolleyes::tongue:
  13. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

Excellent point!! ;)
  14. six pints

six pints Active Member

god no!! and its chaRv (with a r)!! trendies are the popular kids, the ones who sit in red square in the 6th form centre, get up 4 hours b4 school to do their hair and makeup, and dont talk to us meer mortals.