Tenor trombonist seeks band near Gateshead

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by HelenPlaysBaritone, Jun 6, 2018.

1. HelenPlaysBaritone

HelenPlaysBaritone New Member

I'm looking for a contesting band in the third or fourth section within driving distance of Gateshead. I'm willing to try to learn bass clef but not to move to a valved instrument, I have a wrist injury that stops me from pressing the third valve.

I have commitments to honour with my current band until 14th July but I can start attending rehearsals straight away on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or weekends. After 14th July I can also attend on Mondays.

Please PM me if you have a space for me in your band.

2. T Winch

T Winch Member

Hi Helen,

Felling band rehearse in Gateshead High Street. We have not contested for the past couple of years but are working towards contesting again and intend entering some entertainment contests during the summer and hopefully the areas next year. We rehearse once a week on a Thursday at Trinity Community Centre NE8 1EP. You're welcome along any time

3. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Well-Known Member

A very good reason for not moving off of Trombone. I respect your choice and reasons.

For someone else, in a similar position, a four valve instrument can be played with two fingers on your right hand and one on your left. Bass players are almost always in demand and if needed there are some smaller old style Basses with a fourth valve; I believe that some folk rest their Bass on a playing stand and know a couple of lightweight ladies who manage BBb’s - I didn’t believe it ’till I saw it too.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice