Tenor trombone for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by adampaley, May 6, 2010.

1. adampaley

adampaley New Member

I have for sale a new tenor trombone. The instrument is a Rath R4F. I has been used 3 times and is in excellent as new condition. The instrument has a nickel silver bell and the slide is bronze. I am looking to sell for £2950.
    If you would like any further information or photographs of this instrument, please email me at adam.paley@yahoo.co.uk and i will be happy to oblige
  2. basebonetone

basebonetone Member

How much!???? think you'll be lucky!
  3. adampaley

adampaley New Member

can you offer any suggestions?
  4. basebonetone

basebonetone Member

lower your price? you can get a conn elkhart for half that. Personally i'd hold on to it-good bone or alternatively change your set up/see what chris will do you for a part ex??
  5. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Brand new, the basic R4F is listed at £2450 on the Rath website:

Are there options on it that made it more expensive than that new? £2950 sounds ridiculously expensive second hand, when you don't get to customise the options yourself, a big part of the attraction of buying a Rath. £2000 is closer, but probably still a bit optimistic. At £1500 you would definitely get serious interest.
  6. davejenkins

davejenkins Member

Speaking of Elkhart Conn 88Hs, I have a 1967 in good condition arriving shortly, if anyone is interested, which I am selling for £1,250. Please let me know if you want more details.