Tenor Trom looking for band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Queenie, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Queenie

Queenie Member

I am currently looking for a band in the north west/ yorkshire area for either solo/2nd trom. I have currently been without a permanent band since after the areas due to a shoulder problem, but I am now back up and running and hoping to find a band either now, or after the summer holidays. I am also available throughout the summer ( with the exception of the first week in august) to dep for bands that I am able to get to travel to.

If you wish to contact me please PM

Many thanks

Kate Salter
  2. Queenie

Queenie Member

p.s I am also able to play bass trom if depping, so long as an instrument is provided.
  3. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Hi we are looking for a tenor trom. Is Bollington within reach from where you are?
  4. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

Denton are looking for a Tenor trom at the moment (position negotiable). we are one of the friiendliest bands in the area and only a stones throw from motorways 1 minute J1A M67 2 mins from J 24 M 60.
    see website www.dentonbrass.co.uk for details.
  5. eupho1

eupho1 Member

Hi Kate

If you fancy playing with a really friendly band with a great social side to it. No politics, just playing!! Check out our website www.stockportsilver.co.uk would be great to hear from you

Steve (Eupho1)
  6. Simon Preshom

Simon Preshom Member

I know you mean well Steve, but where there are people, decisions to be made, heirachys (i.e principal players), there is always politics........sorry to break that one to you.

All the best
  7. eupho1

eupho1 Member

Well, sorry to break this to you but think your wrong this time. We aim to enjoy and leave the heavy stuff to other bands. Think some people love politics in bands but not ours.

All the best
  8. Queenie

Queenie Member

Just to add a few points,

I live in Hebden Bridge so can travel about an hour each way at the moment, but next month I should be driving and so can travel further

I am looking for a contesting band as this is of big importance to me

9. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Sorry to hijack your thread Kate! The are always politics in every band. Always. Steve must play in eutopia siver band. Kates an experienced bandswoman and I'm sure she woud agree!
  10. huggie

huggie Member

Frickley South Elmsall have a vacancy for a 2nd trombone if you are still available, why not come down for a blow and make your own mind up. NO PRESSURE !
  11. Queenie

Queenie Member

ohhhhh yes Donna, lets face it, a band wouldn't be a band without the politics
  12. eupho1

eupho1 Member

Well seeing as people like to crash in on comments and get political at any chance they get, glad Im in my chosen band. Clearly you like to mix both, which is ashame, sooner have more time playing. Anyway I wont waste anymore time in replying to further comments, enjoy your banding and politics.
  13. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Hi Kate,
    I know Glossop are looking for a tenor trom at the moment - contact Janet Lewis if you're interested (strongbow is her ID on here).
  14. paddo

paddo Member

did send you a pm!
  15. Simon Preshom

Simon Preshom Member

How is it clear that Towse wants to 'mix both'? What a baseless statement.

Politics abound wherever there are people, opinions, emotions ....which I assume includes Stockport Silver Band.

Hope you find a band soon Kate :)
  16. Queenie

Queenie Member

I shall be getting in touch shortly :)

17. Sopfonix

Sopfonix Member

Hi Eagley Band, based in Blackrod, outskirts of Bolton within easy reach of the M65/M61, are looking for a trombone either solo or 2nd as we are willing to shuffle around.

We are a jolly friendly concert and contesting band.

Eagley Soprano Cornet
  18. wagger-g

wagger-g Member

A warm welcome to Coppull and Standish

Hi Kate

We would have been very pleased to welcome you to CaS but I appreciate the trek that would have involved. Good luck in your search.

19. barrytone

barrytone Member

Hi Kate, sorry you've been out of banding for a while, hope the shoulder is better now. Good luck in finding a band where you enjoy your playing!
  20. andyfake

andyfake Member

Kippax still looking for solo trom as far as I know - good 1st section band not far from motorway network for you!