Tenor Horn Wanted!!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by emziesonic, Nov 11, 2007.

1. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

Hi,
    at the moment im looking for a new horn, am looking at buying the Boosey and Hawkes Soveriegn 1983, what would you say about it and what is it like to play?
    thanks

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Boosey and Hawkes
    Tenor Horn
    new horn
    Boosey
    Hawkes Soveriegn
  3. toby-horn

toby-horn New Member

Hi there. I have never played one of those but if your interested I might be able to help as i besson soveriegn currently trying to find a new home.
    Let me know if your interested.

4. bobbley

bobbley New Member

I have a new york horn and I love it.
    It's worth having a test run on one if you get the chance.

5. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

hi toby-horn,
    is that laquered or silver plated?
    thanks

6. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

They are getting increasingly hard to find and are lauded by many a horn player as the best ever.
    The new York horn is supposedly a very similar blow.

7. lausonbass

lausonbass Member

i have a a boosey and hawkes sovereign for sale, there are some pictures on here i think the thread is called tenor horn for sale, why not take a look, pm me if your interested

8. toby-horn

toby-horn New Member

hi yeah its silver plated, great condition.
    If you want any more details pm me i will be happy to assist.

9. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

Re New Tenor Horn

Helios UK supply an excellent Tenor horn.

visit our web site www.heliosuk.co.uk

There you will find info and our recent customer comment, after he tried 5 tenor horns in 6 months , the helios model came out best.

Chris

10. shawneuph

shawneuph Supporting Member

Tenor Horn to buy or not to buy

Hi is the horn you sell not a copy of the current student yamaha 203 student model ? John Packer also sells a copy of this horn under the JP range for just £150 (bit less than your £650) and Virtuosi now sell this model under the Virtuosi brand also for around £150 (a bit less than your £650) I think maybe you have over priced this model ? (by quite a bit)

11. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

Hi
    No Our Tenor horn is not a student model, and it is not the same as Virtuosi or JP.
    As stated one of our customers tried several Tenor horns, & he is a very experienced player if you check out his statement on our web site, one of the instruments he tried, prior to ours was the Virtuosi as you mention it, The Helios was far better in his findings. and it is not £650 it is only £438 delivered, again this is stated on our web site.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Boosey and Hawkes
    Tenor Horn
    new horn
    Boosey
    Hawkes Soveriegn
  13. hellyfrost

hellyfrost Member

If you can afford the new York go for it, but if not, the round stamp sovereigns are about the best second hand horn you can lay your hands on.