Tenor Horn SOS

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Dave Euph, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Hi there guys.

My girlfriend recently had an "accident" with her horn, and it is in for repair for at least a couple of weeks. The problem is, she has her final recital in a month and needs to practice.

We're currently not attached to any bands and previous bands we have rang round haven't got any spares (or at least, only beginner instruments).

So I'm sending out an SOS. We either need to find someone in the West Yorkshire area who is prepared to lend us a tenor horn (for a fee of course), or somewhere that can rent us an instrument.

Ideas appreciated.

Many thanks.
  2. Pete Watson

Pete Watson Member

Hi David,
    I have a student horn that i would be able to lend you (subject to a chat etc).
    The instrument is rel new and doesnt play that bad.
    PM me if you dont get any better offers. It is availible straight away.
    We live in Selby Nth Yorkshire.
  3. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

i'm sure ian perks told me about something at band supplies where you can 'trial' an instrument for like a month or something and take it back after you have 'made your decision whther you want to buy it or not'.

Underhand trick i know but............
  4. Pete Watson

Pete Watson Member

I'll say!
  5. Columbo

Columbo Member

I have one and can get it to you, but I'll need to ask permission from the band it belongs to. Is your missus up for helping out a band in your area in return. I would also need you to sign something in receipt. Let me know if you are desperate mate. Good Luck. What's the recital for?
  6. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

University recital.

All sorted now, many thanks to Andrew Waterhouse at Linthwaite for sorting it out for me.

But also thanks to the offers for help here. And I'll certainly bear you guys in mind if I need help in future.

I did try Band Supplies early on but they stated that they only hire to schoolchildren, and I'm not quite sure I'd want to be that underhand Jonathan!