Tenor horn player moving to Glasgow area

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by hornblower, Nov 15, 2005.

1. hornblower

hornblower Member

Hello All,

it is with huge sadness that I'm having to leave my 4th section band Dunston Silver, but commuting from Scotland is too extreme even for me! Therefore I'm hoping that there is a band in the Glasgow, Motherwell, Hamilton area who need a horn player.

I've been playing with Dunston Silver for 4 years as 2nd horn, and before that was a french horn player for 12 years.

I'd be grateful if anyone could let me know of any bands who might be interested in a 2nd / 1st horn. I'll be moving in January or February .

Many thanks
    Kate

2. cornetcheese

cornetcheese Member

You might want to try Clydebank Burgh Band - they are a 2nd section outfit based in Glasgow who I conducted until recently! They have a pretty good standard and are a great bunch of people. I think they have a few vacancies too! You can contact them by sending an email to clydebankburghband@hotmail.com

Give them a go - they rehearse mondays and wednesdays 7.30-9.30pm at the Kvaerner building, Clydebank.

3. hornblower

hornblower Member

Hi,
    thanks for that, and the PM's I've had as well, I'll be in touch when we move up, think it will be feb or early march before I'll be free to play. In the meantime many thanks, and if anything else crops up in the meantime I'd be grateful to hear from anyone.

I'm glad it looks like I won't have to give up my banding with the move north!!

cheers!

4. hornblower

hornblower Member

Hi guys,
    finally made the move north of the border, am going to Kings Park on Tuesday for a blow, so thats great, thanks for all the PM's I got! Hope all my Dunston Silver Band friends are working hard on the test piece... missing you all lots!

5. AlanD

AlanD Member

Hey Kate are you going to come along to the Scottish next weekend in Motherwell?

Would be a great chance to meet a few folk

Alan