Tenor Horn player just moved to Huddersfield wanting to find a band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by hcrow, Sep 26, 2007.

1. hcrow

hcrow New Member

I'm a Tenor Horn player who has just moved to Huddersfield to study at the University of Huddersfield doing music and performance with main study Tenor Horn. Before moving to Uni i was Principle Horn with Battle Town Band, a fourth section band which competed in the London and Southern Counties Contests. Im looking to improve my playing in a band around the west Yorkshire area. Any responses would be greatly welcomed. Heather.
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Heather and welcome to tMP... :hi

Sounds as though you're going to enjoy your studies at Huddersfield - and the best of luck in finding a band.
  3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Blimey there's loads of bands around the area, and I'm sure there are a few looking for horns.

We don't have any vaccancies for horns at the mo unfortunately, but those that are looking could probably use a bit more info from you.

What sort of level/position are you looking for?
    Are you mobile?
    How far are you willing to travel if you are mobile?

And I hope Battle Band are looking after Alison (Digger) for us down there, she was one of ours before she relocated south following her work! ;)

ROBTHEDOG Member

Hi Heather,

We do have a slot on Horn, (2nd) but we are about an hour away from Huddersfield based in Belper North of Derby South of Chesterfield.

Take a look at our WEB and give me a shout if you're interested.

5. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

You'll need a heavy right foot to get to Belper in an hour from Huddersfield, I live near Hudds and work in the Ambergate area, and possess a very heavy right foot. It usually takes me about an hour and a quarter when the traffic's moving well, longer in heavier traffic.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  6. hcrow

hcrow New Member

As kindly advised, a tad more info!!!!
    am lukin for 1st/champion section band, dont mind what position im on,
    cant drive but can easily hop on a train or nab a lift if avaliable.
    An hours prob a tad to much to travel, but anything up to about 40mins travel wud be fine.