Tenor Horn player just moved to Huddersfield wanting to find a band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by hcrow, Sep 26, 2007.

1. hcrow

hcrow New Member

I'm a Tenor Horn player who has just moved to Huddersfield to study at the University of Huddersfield doing music and performance with main study Tenor Horn. Before moving to Uni i was Principle Horn with Battle Town Band, a fourth section band which competed in the London and Southern Counties Contests. Im looking to improve my playing in a band around the west Yorkshire area. Any responses would be greatly welcomed. Heather.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tenor Horn
    Huddersfield
    Principle Horn with Battle Town Band
    University of Huddersfield
    section band
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Heather and welcome to tMP... :hi

Sounds as though you're going to enjoy your studies at Huddersfield - and the best of luck in finding a band.

4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Blimey there's loads of bands around the area, and I'm sure there are a few looking for horns.

We don't have any vaccancies for horns at the mo unfortunately, but those that are looking could probably use a bit more info from you.

What sort of level/position are you looking for?
    Are you mobile?
    How far are you willing to travel if you are mobile?

And I hope Battle Band are looking after Alison (Digger) for us down there, she was one of ours before she relocated south following her work! ;)

5. ROBTHEDOG

ROBTHEDOG Member

Hi Heather,

We do have a slot on Horn, (2nd) but we are about an hour away from Huddersfield based in Belper North of Derby South of Chesterfield.

Take a look at our WEB and give me a shout if you're interested.

Regards

Rob

6. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

You'll need a heavy right foot to get to Belper in an hour from Huddersfield, I live near Hudds and work in the Ambergate area, and possess a very heavy right foot. It usually takes me about an hour and a quarter when the traffic's moving well, longer in heavier traffic.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  7. hcrow

hcrow New Member

As kindly advised, a tad more info!!!!
    am lukin for 1st/champion section band, dont mind what position im on,
    cant drive but can easily hop on a train or nab a lift if avaliable.
    An hours prob a tad to much to travel, but anything up to about 40mins travel wud be fine.
    Heather.