Tenor horn looking for band around Manchester

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by rossallen, Aug 22, 2010.

1. rossallen

rossallen New Member

Hi I'm looking for a band when I start back at university in September.

I live in Didsbury south Manchester and would like to join a band with easy public transport links as I do not own a car at the moment.

I'm 2nd/3rd section standard but I'm quite rusty at the moment so more like 3rd/4th so basically looking for any band 2nd or lower.

I will not be in Manchester till the 14th of september after this coming friday (27th) due to holidays

look forward from hearing about any vacancies, Ross.
  2. Brassbones

Brassbones Member

3. eupho1

eupho1 Member

Hi There

Why not come down for a blow with us. Stockport Silver Band. REALLY FRIENDLY BAND with a great social side. Check out our website www.stockportsilver.co.uk I am sure you will enjoy and just a short bus ride away. Steve
  4. Mofman

Mofman Member

You are welcome to come down to the Marple Band. Rehearse Fridays. Good public transport from Stockport or if you let us know where abouts you are coming from one of us could pick you up. Marple is not contesting at present, but is a good standard 2nd / 3rd section.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  5. vicky r

vicky r New Member

Hi, I'm in the same position as well. I'm a Tenor Horn player going into my second year at Manchester. I'll be living in Fallowfield so if there are any bands which wouldn't mind me coming along for a blow once a week I'd really appreciate it. Also if any members of the band were willing to give me a lift then there'll be a pint waiting for them in the bar after rehearsals!
  6. eupho1

eupho1 Member

Hi Vicky

Check out our website www.stockportsilver.co.uk really friendly band with great social side to it and just a short bus trip away from you. Come down, your very welcome. Regards Steve
  7. Dobcross Silver a young progessive band. Currently 2nd section.
    Our present solo horn would like to move on to cornet so we could have a space for you.
    We have full rehearsals in our own band club in Dobcross. Trains to Greenfield where you could be picked up or maybe a lift sorted.
    Grenville Moore 07828121235
  8. vicky r

vicky r New Member

Thanks for the offer but I'm not looking for a permanent seat as I wouldn't be able to give full commitment and I don't think that would be fair on the band. I've actually now found a band that has agreed to let me go along as an extra and is a bit closer to where I am living than yourselves. Thanks again though and I hope you fill your seat soon!