Tenor Horn/Euphonium duet

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by The Wherryman, Jan 27, 2010.

1. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Does anyone know of a duet specifically arranged for tenor horn and euphonium, please? I have been asked to find one, and, so far, have failed miserably. There are plenty of Eb/Bb duets, but they tend to be for soprano cornet or tenor horn with Bb cornet or Bb flugel.

If such an animal does not exist, why doesn't it? Do those two instruments not complement each other sufficiently?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bb
    Tenor Horn
    Eb
    Bb cornet
    Bb flugel
  3. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Just off the top of my head there is Meiso by John Golland.. it's for horn and bari but obviously more suited to euph than a cornet/flug part.
    I'm sure there are ones done with euph in mind though.

4. The Wherryman

Thanks, Aidan. I had a look at Meiso last night and it's just a little too advanced in the horn part for what I'm after.

5. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Deep inside the sacred temple works well as euph and horn, with the horn playing the top line.

6. The Wherryman

Thanks, Andy. I'll take a look.

7. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

I've heard a great version of "With You I'm Born Again" as horn/euph duet - trying to find out who's it is for you.

8. The Wherryman

Thanks Andy. It would be great if you can find it. I've tried search engines and music sites but I've only tracked it down as a solo or a euphonium duet so far.

9. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

It may be the MMI version with the horn playing the 1st Euph part although at the time I thought it was written for Horn/Euph.

10. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

"Soflty as I leave you" using the solo euph and alternative solo horn part and some imagination

11. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

does it have to be with band accompaniment?

If not, I'm currently doing a little something for a couple of friends of mine who had the same problem as you - theredoesn't seem to be anything for euph/bari and horn! - and don't mind sharing the love!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bb
    Tenor Horn
    Eb
    Bb cornet
    Bb flugel
  13. The Wherryman

Yes, that's a beautiful piece. Thanks.

14. Highams

Highams Member

15. The Wherryman

Thank you both for your help. I hadn't thought of the accompaniment, but it is actually for use with brass band.