Tenor horn case

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Glamorgan, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Glamorgan

Glamorgan New Member

Hi everyone,

The handle on my horn's case has recently snapped off so I'm looking to replace it - can anyone give me some advice on hard/soft cases, where to buy, reasonable prices etc. Thanks :) the horn is a Boosey & Hawkes Sovereign btw.
  2. Rigo Jancsi

Rigo Jancsi New Member

3. Glamorgan

Glamorgan New Member

Sorry, I haven't been quite clear - I've got the handle but the connection point between it and the case is too weak to fix it back on. It's an old case and the handle has clearly broken off and been fixed before so it's a weak point. I'd rather not fix it again and then just be worrying about when it's going to break again as it's a pain to have to carry if it does snap (I'm quite short so it's awkward!). I'm definitely looking to get a new case but I'm not sure which type to get, I'd be interested to hear people's opinions on soft cases that you wear like a backpack as opposed to a hard case that you carry.
  4. Fusion Tenor Horn Gig Bag F2-27BWTHB Black + Grey
    Available from John Packer Ltd
    A great set of gig bags by Fusion.
  5. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

6. Yep. Winter cases also available from John Packer. They are expensive though.
  7. mattthebass

mattthebass Member

I like 'Tom and Will' gig bags, they're cheaper than most and the padding is good. they can be found with a quick google
  8. jennyt125

jennyt125 Member

John Packer were selling off some of their own JP branded cases for around £30.
    They told me no good for a Besson Sovereign but I've bought a few and the Sovereign fits in fine and the interior moulds around it to fit.
    Look to be of decent quality.