Telford Youth Brass Band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Rustonw, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Rustonw

Rustonw Member

New Youth Band in Telford.

From September 2007 Telford with have a new Youth Brass Band. Following the formation of the Telford and Wrekin Music Service in April one of it's priorities has been to develop the area ensembles, the first of which being the Brass Band.

With backing and support from Telford and Wrekin Council and County Music Supplies Ltd the new band will begin rehearsals on Friday 7th September from 5.00 pm to 6.30pm, at the Wrockwardine Wood Arts College in Telford.

This new and exciting band will come under the experienced direction of Wayne Ruston and David Maplestone a partnership that has a history of success.

The Band aims to compete in some of the major youth contests and festivals in it's first year, with plans to appear at the Action Research Youth Entertainment Contest in Blackpool, the National Brass Band Championships, Music for Youth and Pontins youth contest.

Although many player have already been invited opportunities still exist for Brass players and Percussionists to apply. You need to be Grade 3 standard or above and prepared to work hard individually and as part of a team.

2. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

Super news. Telford has long needed a municipal youth band setup.
    Congrats to both you and Dai.
  3. Rustonw

Rustonw Member

Thanks James, all we need now is the players.
  4. Texus

Texus Member

Fantastic news. From an old Telford boy jolly good luck!
  5. Rustonw

Rustonw Member

Thanks for the enthusiastic response so far. Still need to hear from Euph and bass players though.

You can also contact me by email on
  6. Rustonw

Rustonw Member

I pleased to say that numbers are building and we hope to get things up and running in time for the first rehearsal on 7th September. Although there is no final date for application I would like to hear from interested players as soon as possible because of the need to arrange transport to the rehearsal venue.

Please contact me on 07811320062 or 01743 361616 (Day) as soon as possible.

Wayne Ruston