Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by actesteve, Dec 20, 2006.

1. actesteve

actesteve New Member

i Play BBb Bass in a 4th section band and am having a few problems that I hope someone can help with - or I may have to give up playing.... I was advised to wear a dental plate about 6 months ago due to some upper back teeth missing(which I ignored because it hurt) How I have lost one of my front top teeth which the dentist says he will replace on the plate. Can anyone give me any advice with the following:
    If I play with the plate, I produce so much saliva I have to swallow every 5 seconds _SORRY!)
    If I play without the plate I cannot play any note "through the middle of the note" between E on the stave upwards. alsoI seem to be playing slightly flat. and I split most notes above E on the stave. I am sure that this has something to do with the fact that I only have one front upper tooth and this is where the mouthpiece sits, but i'm none too technical and would love to get some sensible advice before I jack it all in. I did find when playing a euphonium whilst wandering the streets playing carols that it wasn't so bad......

2. andyp

andyp Active Member

Hi - not a dentist but if you PM Cornetgirl - she is, should be able to give you some good advice.