Teeth!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by actesteve, Dec 20, 2006.

1. actesteve

actesteve New Member

Hi
    i Play BBb Bass in a 4th section band and am having a few problems that I hope someone can help with - or I may have to give up playing.... I was advised to wear a dental plate about 6 months ago due to some upper back teeth missing(which I ignored because it hurt) How I have lost one of my front top teeth which the dentist says he will replace on the plate. Can anyone give me any advice with the following:
    If I play with the plate, I produce so much saliva I have to swallow every 5 seconds _SORRY!)
    If I play without the plate I cannot play any note "through the middle of the note" between E on the stave upwards. alsoI seem to be playing slightly flat. and I split most notes above E on the stave. I am sure that this has something to do with the fact that I only have one front upper tooth and this is where the mouthpiece sits, but i'm none too technical and would love to get some sensible advice before I jack it all in. I did find when playing a euphonium whilst wandering the streets playing carols that it wasn't so bad......

Thanks
    Steve

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    none
    someone
    plate
    one
    Play BBb Bass
  3. andyp

andyp Active Member

Hi - not a dentist but if you PM Cornetgirl - she is, should be able to give you some good advice.

hth