Teesdale Brass Contest July 6th

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by youngblood, Jun 18, 2008.

1. youngblood

youngblood Member

Teesdale Brass Contest will be held this year at the wonderful Bowes Museum in Bowes, just outside of historic Barnard Castle on July 6th. Brighouse and Rastrick will be performing in Durham the night before so what a great weekend it could be.

Sorry it was rained off last year lucky that BRASS supports the event each year so it has not gone broke and can look forward to making up for it this year in style!

Hope you can join in the fun, it is always a lovely open air event, when it is not raining that is!

PS Teesdale have got in early and booked the sun this year I understand an event in the South had it booked last year and the only thing not booked out was rain. The only problem was it was buy one get one free that weekend! Just our luck!

Do please join us to have a great time. If you have not been to Bowes Museum check it out! It is stunning as you will see if you Google it.

Cheers

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    BRASS
    Bowes
    Bowes Museum
    Barnard Castle
    Teesdale Brass Contest
  3. bigcol

bigcol Member

Good luck to all those going today, hope it isn't as wet as yesterday!

Full list of bands - draw is at 10.30

Middleton in Teesdale
    Stanhope
    Backworth
    Craghead
    Penrith
    Leyburn
    Houghton
    Chester le Street Riverside (the junior band I presume!)
    Pittington
    Greggs Northumberland Youth

4. waynefiler

waynefiler Member

once again well done to all in the leyburn band. 2 contests and 3 trophys, god we're good! Well done to everyone.
    And i'm still surprised that me and perry didn't get thrown off the massed bands. Lol

5. bigcol

bigcol Member

It was as wet as Saturday!

Well done to Stanhope and Houghton who went off with the bulk of the prizes.