Teaching Job

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by imthemaddude, Aug 19, 2005.

1. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I really really really need a teaching job for September. :mad:
  2. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

What do you teach?
  3. imthemaddude

Geography and English to 11-18 yr olds. I'm hoping something comes up this week :rolleyes: along with 4 others I graduated with; only one of us got a job. There is a real shortage in the North East.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  4. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Hudds new college (6th from college) are looking for an english teacher for sep - a bit out of your way but it's a decent college
  5. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Wooops :oops: - if you're looking for an English teaching post I hope your c.v. contains slightly better English than your post. :wink:

Good luck in your search
  6. imthemaddude

I've corrected it now! That'll teach me to type in a rush hehe
  7. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

And Emley (Near Hudds) are looking for cornet players ;) :biggrin:
  8. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

I need a teaching job too! I'm looking for primary though.
  9. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

primary - ouch!

I would recommend that you get registered with some supply agencies ASAP, although there normally isn't much supply in Sep. Also phone the local LEA and see if they use a supply pool and get on that. Send letters around local schools the local schools/take them in personally to whoever deals with cover. If you can start doing regular supply at a few schools you can get a much better deal. If you are paid directly through the LEA you can normally put them down as your sole employer and avoid getting wrecked for tax as agencies will count as more than 1 and you will end up paying loads in tax. You can also build relationships up with the school/get to know some of the students - helps alot! It's unlikely that any jobs (either primary or secondary) will come out for Sep now (fulltime) so I would say get on doing some cover work and that can often lead to long term supply or even a fulltime position. Good luck!
  10. imthemaddude

I can recomend Sparkling_quavers advice. I have an interview on Fri for an English teachers job until half term. (All I hope is that Big Horn isnt on the panel!!!)
  11. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Good Luck!