Teaching in Bishop Stortford

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by vonny, Jun 20, 2008.

1. vonny

vonny Member

I applied for a teaching job about 8 weeks ago and until 2 weeks ago I never got a response... I was beginning to think the company I had applied to wasn't interested. Two weeks ago I recieved an email from a Cambridge language school saying that they were interested in my application and they wanted me to send my CV to them. A couple of days later I recieved a telephone call from the director of studies who asked if I would come to the language centre in Cambridge for an interview.
    At this point I was very excited because this company was interested in employing me as a teacher - to teach at one of thier summer schools which caters for students of all nationalities who are involved in a learning programme for 4 weeks. (The company is a private language school).
    I went to Cambridge on Monday and stayed overnight in a youth hostel before my interview on Tuesday morning. The interview was challenging and I had to complete a few language tasks (my spelling was particulary poor for some reason ;)), but after 2 intense hours the interview was over and I left the building feeling pretty pleased with myself.
    It was before I reached the train station to return home that I recieved a telephone call to say that I had got the job and I had been allocated the 10 - 14 year old students. My post is a fixed short -term contract for 4 weeks where I will be living onsite in a boarding college in Bishop Stortfort. I leave Manchester on the 3rd July.
    I still can't believe that I have been offered a job from an elite language school in Cambridge, but I am looking forward to the experience.

2. six pints

six pints Active Member

Congrats :)
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

There's a band in Harlow (six miles down the M11) that practices on a Friday night.... PM me if you want contact details.