Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by frisp, Jan 29, 2004.

1. frisp

frisp Member

does it hurt?
    should you do it?
    is it worthy of a mid-life crisis?
  2. frisp

frisp Member

I only ask because......

I've hit halfway (37)..

I've always wanted one...

My mid-life crisis is alive and well and flourishing!

I've picked the tattoo, please tell me if I shouldn't do it...?
  3. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

I was gonn have my daughters name 'Rhiannon' on my arm...thought if it hurt I could stop at 'Rhi' :?
  4. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

I got a tattoo last november..a wee blue star at the base of my back. It wasn't sore, just uncomfortable. It stays a bit minging for a fair few weeks but! Still worth it though :D
  5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

well all those drummers get a bit annoying after a while... :wink:
  6. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

It hurts a bit but it's worth it if you want it. Takes about a week to heal.. Go on, do it.......
  7. Steve

Steve Active Member

Ooohhh, something I know a lot about, yey. Depends on where you get it done as to how much it hurts. DO NOT get the top of your feet, elbows/inner elbows, face, knees done cos they can hurt. The inside of the upper arm stings a bit as does the spine. Everywhere else is fine, I really love the "pain" and after a few its a bit like cutting your finger. If you are doing it as a 'mid life crisis' then get it somewhere you can hide it if needed (ie.shoulder blade) but i find them really addictive and if i had the money would spend a week solid with needles in me.

GO FOR IT!!!!! :D
  8. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

if you're unsure have a tempory/henna tattoo like I did :wink:
  9. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

I have a little dolphin on my shoulder. I found that having the colours added hurt the most for some reason. I have to admit to nearly passing out whilst having it done but then again I am soft sometimes and once actually did pass out giving blood :oops:
  10. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

I have a tribal band on my upper right arm and another swirly tribal design on my left. They hurt at the time but the pain soon passes. Got the first when I was 36 and the second a year later. My girlfriend thinks they're cool so I say go for it :D
  11. jambo

jambo Member

Surely you would get a tatoo for yourself not because other people might think they're cool?

After all, you have to live with it, not them :?:
  12. Steve

Steve Active Member

Yeah you have it done for yourself but if the other half likes it to, all the better :wink:
  13. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

This is true, they are a very personal choice and something you should really think about before getting done. Apparently the removal hurts more that the actual tattoo. I would NEVER have anyones name done though - life is too unpredictable for that!

I remember when I had mine done I hid it from my Mum for a while (I was actually too young to have one.... 17). When she saw it she went absolutely mad saying how stupid will that look when you are old? But as I explained, a good few 'old' people will have them when I get old so it won't look that stupid! :wink:
  14. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I have got a tattoo of 2 small quavers on my right ankle. As in 'midlife crisis tattoos' mine was definately a 'just started uni and gone mad tattoo'
    I do really like mine still although I don't think I would get another. BUT- the pain- argh!!!! I can't comment on the colours as mine is just black. I got mine done at the same time as a friend (who is definately much harder than me) I decided I would have to go first as if I saw her in loads of pain I would wimp out. She nearly wimped out when she saw the look on my face and mine only took 3 mins :roll:
  15. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

3 minutes! Wow! Mine were both 2 hours, each with a follow up visit to touch up the areas left lighter through scarring...
  16. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

Oh, I got them done for me but it does no harm if someone you really care about thinks that they're cool too :D
  17. sparkling_quavers

well I am a wimp!
  18. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

You went through with it so you're not that much of a wimp ;)
  19. sparkling_quavers

hence why I chose a tiny one that would be over quick! you can't have half a tattoo!
  20. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

Well a friend of mine had just had one done and said that it didn't hurt. However, she couldn't show it to me as it was still covered up to prevent infection and it was still a bit dodgy looking. So off I went and chose my design. My little dolphin took 15 mins with the bloke who was doing it spraying more water in my face to keep me concious than he was on my shoulder to keep it moist. :shock:

Well after 15 mins I staggered out to be greeted by my 'freind' who said, "ooooh you were in a while, mine only took 5 mins". It was the final 10 mins that got me! At this point she felt in time to reveal her artwork which turned out to be a butterfly who was about the size of a midgie!!! No wonder it didn't hurt :roll:

2 hours? I couldn't stand the pain!! I would like another done though but would have to be something small!