TATA Steel (Port Talbot) Brass Band - vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Colin Hogg, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Colin Hogg

Colin Hogg Member

After many years in the wilderness, the Corus Band (Port Talbot), Formally BSC Port Talbot, is back on the road!
    We are graded 4th section Nats and after our win at Treorchy, 3rd section local. We have attracted some fine players to the band, however, we still need a few more to complete our line up for our next contest, the GBBA at Coleford in February and our Area at Swansea in March. We are looking for a Bass (either Bb or Eb, as the whole band is very flexible), A Solo Horn and a 2nd Trombone. Any other players are very welcome as well.
    Having been involved with Brass Bands for many years, I can honestly say that this is one of the friendliest groups of players I have ever met. We are easy to get too, you can see our own band room from Junction 38 of the M4.
    If you want to be involved with this quickly developing band, please PM me, or call me, Colin Hogg ( the Bands MD) on: 07966552507 or Elaine Williams on: 07929797925
    Go on, give us a go!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Port Talbot
    Nats
    Solo Horn
    Corus Band
    BSC Port Talbot
  3. Colin Hogg

Colin Hogg Member

Glad to say that the 2nd Trombone seat has been filled. So we only need a Bass and Solo Horn for a complete Band!
    PM me or call me on:07966552507 or Elaine on: 07929797925

4. Colin Hogg

Colin Hogg Member

The Solo Horn seat has now been filled. So we only need a Bass to complete Band!
    PM me or call me on:07966552507 or Elaine on: 07929797925

5. philram

philram Member

Howdo Colin!
    Great to read about your new venture, looking good!
    All the very best mate & good luck!
    See you soon

Phil Ram

6. half sharp

half sharp New Member

As a former player in the late 70s its great to hear that the Band is back in the contesting arena.

Mike Farrow.

7. Colin Hogg

Colin Hogg Member

Thanks for all the interest. Glad to say that all the seats are now full! ( So a bit of good news coming from Corus this week! ) However, if you are passing Port Talbot on a Wednesday or Sunday night please call in for a blow and a cup of tea. PM me for more details.

8. Colin Hogg

Colin Hogg Member

After a great weekend of Banding, (2 X 1st places, 2 X 2nd places and 1 X 3rd place) all we need now is a Front Row Cornet Player. So If you want to be involved with our very happy band, please PM me, or call me, Colin Hogg ( the Bands MD) on: 07966552507 or Elaine Williams on: 07929797925

9. Colin Hogg

Colin Hogg Member

Since our first post, the band has gone into the 3rd section. This weekend we were placed 3rd at the Welsh Area. Back in February we competed at the GBBA entertainments contest Winning the 3rd section, Most Entertaining Band, Conductors Prize and "The Overall Winning Band". Beating some fine bands. However we still need a Quality Front Row Cornet Player. So If you want to be involved with our very happy band, please PM me, or call me, Colin Hogg ( the Bands MD) on: 07966552507 or Elaine Williams on: 07929797925

10. miss.fitz

miss.fitz New Member

We are currently looking for a new principle cornet and tutti cornets to complete our line up. We rehearse 19.30 to 21.30 on Wednesdays and 18.00 to 20.00 on Sundays. If you need any more information please call Elaine Williams 07929 797925 or Ellen Fitzgerald 07809 603784.

11. miss.fitz

miss.fitz New Member

TATA Steel Brass Band

Corus (Port Talbot) Brass Band has recently changed its name to TATA Steel (Port Talbot) Brass Band. We are still in the 3rd section and looking for front and back row cornets as well as a solo horn player. We still rehearse on Sunday and Wednesday evenings in our bandroom in Port Talbot. If anyone is interested and needs any more information please email or call me. My email is miss.fitz@talk21.com and my contact numbers are 01656 741216 or 07809 603784.

Cheers
    Ellen Fitzgerald

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Port Talbot
    Nats
    Solo Horn
    Corus Band
    BSC Port Talbot
  13. miss.fitz

miss.fitz New Member

horn section now full, :) still looking for front and back row cornets. please contact me if interested and need any further information.

Cheers
    Ellen