tameside youth contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by jcowensEb, Nov 27, 2007.

1. jcowensEb

jcowensEb Member

results:1st Sellers International Youth, Mark Bousie, 184;
    2nd Youth Brass 2000, Chris Jeans, 183;
    3rd Poynton Youth, Andy Hirst, 179;
    4th Smithills, Chris Wormald, 178;

Best Cornet: Sellers International
    Best Basses: Sellers International
    Best Percussion: Sellers International
    Best Horn: Flugel, Stockport Schools
    Best Trombone: Bass Trombone, Fred Longworth School
    Best Euphonium: Youth Brass 2000
    Youngest Player: Boarshurst Youth

what a bass section,not evan a practise together befor the contest.basses rock
  2. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Funny these north west contests. We won the same prizes as we did at Pontins Youth practically.

Have we won yet?
  3. masefield

masefield Member

Many congratulations to Sellers Youth for their fine win - pleased to hear good news from the Seller's camp than has been announced over the last few weeks. A big well done to all the sectional wins as well.
  4. Masterblaster jnr

Oh, so we did win then
  5. flugeldude666

flugeldude666 Member

bates is that you...?
    surely your a bit young to be using a computer.
  6. Masterblaster jnr

Yep, it is.

I'm Guessin that's craig.

I wouldn't call it young, more immature (as you will Know from rehearsal experience;) "
  7. flugtastic

flugtastic Member

Well done all the bands that competed shame i couldnt be there!
    Especially a big well done to every one at Poynton Youth!

Well Done to Mark and all at Sellers Youth - goog to see you're keeping a good name going!
  9. Well done Mark and the Youth Band - a great result for a great set of young people!
  10. Bunnymonster

Bunnymonster Member

Wll done Ruth for best horn! Great to see you get the recognition you deserve! What a sound and soooooo musical!
  11. PSB Tom

PSB Tom Member

Just out of interest, Lions Youth under Nigel Birch were 5th with 177 points.

My remarks for 'Pirates of the Caribbean'... "good effort cornet". Oooops! Lol.

Oh and congratulations to Sellers and Mark. I can safely say that the best band won.
  12. horn-girlie

horn-girlie Member

Well done to poynton youth, good to see them back in the top few in contests again :)
  13. blasterbates

blasterbates Member

I heard every performance and had Sellers 1st, Youth Brass 2nd, Lions 3rd, Smithhills 4th and Poynton 5th so apart from 3rd & 5th the 'wrong' way round I could not have agreed more. Soloist awards were spot on as well.

A big congratulations to Richard Marshall for his excellent adjudication - I'm not sure how many competitions he's adjudicated at but i'm sure there will be many more in the future. (There were one or two people at the end asking if he was 'deaf', but you'll always get that at contests I suppose).

Oh, and well done to Frank Hodges and his team for running the contest so smoothly. :clap:
  14. Masterblaster jnr

Agreed, Richard did a great job but as you say, you will always get complaints
  15. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Well done Mark and the Youth Band. I felt really proud of you all listening to you play, you've all worked so hard and really deserved that result. Also, a big well done to Joe who won the best cornet prize, what a fantastic player.

16. jcowensEb

jcowensEb Member

yh,well played joe,sounded awesome,pecusion nd bass section was awesome,well done sellers.glad i joined !!!!
  17. matt_BBb_bass

matt_BBb_bass Member

Wt Can i Say?! Its A Bass Section Gotta B The Best Ay?! lol

Well Done Mate
  18. jcowensEb

jcowensEb Member

well basses are normally the best lol
  19. Masterblaster jnr

Funny how you put "best lol", which in bidmas of the english literature terms means, that best is a joke.

Well put daisy
  20. bandtaximum

bandtaximum New Member

Well done to Youth Brass - consistently in the prizes. Also congratulations to Sarah for winning the Euph prize especially as it was your debut on principal.