Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Golden-Hynd, Mar 29, 2005.
Anyone know which bands are going to Tameside this year?
Denton brass are going in the 4th section!!think we are doing 3rd section as well!
Wire Brass will be there
Greenalls are going
We arent Short of a sop and a few front row cornets.
Good Luck to everyone going
Middleton are going!!!! Woo Hoo
Who else is competing in the third section at ashton? It seems very quiet out there!
any results from today yet anyone?
Congratulations to Middleton who won 3rd section by 4 points!!!!
That's all I know!
cheers kaz.......the rest of the band are still quietly celebrating in the fold!!
Third section results are as follows:
1st. Middleton (yay)
2nd. Wardle and District Anderson Brass
3rd. Pemberton B
Can't remember who won the 4th section (too much beer), and don't know who won the 2nd section (too busy taking on beer). Sorry chaps!
Top section still going xx
well done Middleton!!!
Looking forward to seeing how top section have done!
any 2nd sec results yet ?
St Johns (Mossley) won the 4th Section with a blinding performance of "Malvern Suite"
Courtesy of 4barsrest.com..........
The full results are
1. Ashton-Under-Lyne (P. Chalk) 192
2. Wire Brass (P. Andrews) 191
3. Besses O'Th' Barn (J. Cant) 190
4. Marsden (G. Williams) 188
5. Vernon Building Society Poynton (A. Lawton) 187
6. Glossop Old (J. Davies) 186
7. Mossley (M. Evans) 185
1. Diggle (N. Law) 188
2. Greenall's (J. Ludden) 185
3. Maxilead Metals Tydesley (R. Taylor) 184
4. Boarshurst (J. Webster) 181
5. Pilling Jubille Silver (B. Harper) 179
1. Middleton (C. Whiteoak) 184
2. Wardle & District Anderson Brass (S. Conway) 181
3. Pemberton Old JJB Wigan 'B' (P. Ashley) 180
4. Uppermill (A. Widdop) 179
5. Port Sunlight Lyceum Brass (C. Dare) 177
6. Besses Boys (J. Holt) 176
7. Carrbrook Brass (J. Hunter) 175
8. Denton Brass (C. Fox) 174
1. St John's (Mossley) (S. Corbett) 179
2. Eaton's Farnworth & Walkden (P. Ashley) 178
3. Port Sunlight Lyceum Brass (C. Dare) 176
4. Brindle (K. Richmond) 175
5. Uppermill (A. Widdop) 174
6. Besses Boys (J. Holt) 173
7. Denton Brass (C. Fox) 172
8. Carrbrook Brass (J. Hunter) 171
:clap: to all the winners
Flippin heck! Tyldesley in the prizes again! So from me it's gonna be another well done to Tyldesley and Rob Taylor, Keep up the good work!
Seems a fairish result...
I thought VBS played well, And I would definately have Ashton in the top 3...
From what I could hear of Marsdens performance (through the door) they sounded good...
They were my fav performances...
well done to the prize winners!! and congrats to Besses on 3rd placing
What did everyone play?
Feel free to correct me, but i think the pieces were:-
1. Ashton-Under-Lyne - Comedy
2. Wire Brass - Chivalry
3. Besses O'Th' Barn - Dances and Arias
4. Marsden - Comedy
5. Vernon Building Society Poynton - Trittico
6. Glossop Old - Pageantry
7. Mossley - Don't know sorry!
1. Diggle - Variations
2. Greenall's - Variations
3. Maxilead Metals Tydesley - Comedy
4. Boarshurst - Diamond Heritage
5. Pilling Jubille Silver - Tam o' Shanter
Separate names with a comma.