Taking A Sabbatical

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Kari Anson, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

Hi Guys,

Well this is the last you'll see of me on tmp until early May! :? I'm now starting to realise the importance and value of the second year work that I'm doing for my degree. I want to succeed and as I finish in approx 8 weeks I'm making the committment to dedicate myself to lots of research and revision. I waste a ridiculous amount of time browsing tmp so until early May it's bye bye from me.

Look forward to resuming tmp life - and returning to aboyt 50 million unread posts! :lol:

Kari

This week I've sacrificed attending rehearsal too (this is just a 10 min break - honest) and I've even given away free cinema tickets for Monday evening.

2. Di

Di Active Member

:shock: :shock: :shock: No tMP.? :shock: :shock: :shock:

How are you gonna cope with the withdrawal symptoms? :lol: :wink:

Good luck with your course work. But of course, you won't get this message until May will you, so ........

Hi Kari, congratulations on your degree.! :lol: :lol:

3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Good luck with your studying!! See you back in May.
    xx

4. Trigger

Trigger Member

Oh my god, how are you gonna manage that one?? I really need to do that too. I got really good results in the last semester exams, but I haven't done any work since the exams towards my degree!! And YES, it is all because of tMP!! I think I need to take a leaf out of your book!! :cry: :cry: Maybe next week :lol:

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Yeah right, Kari! ;) Folks: place your bets now:

Kari's last post: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:53 pm

When will the next post be made?

I'm going for: Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:42 pm

Seriously, Kari, best of luck - both in trying to do without tMP and in your degree.

6. Moy

Moy Active Member

By rights she shouldn't even be reading these replies. :wink:

7. Di

Di Active Member

Hence my reply above! :lol:

8. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

Good luck Kari.

We could always e-mail her :lol:

9. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

I know you should not see this until May but good luck with your studies and exams.

10. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Oh no! I'm gonna miss you honey! :cry:

I shall fly the flag for the people who should really be studying and are actually tMPing in your absence! Good luck xxx

Rach x

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    last
    tmp
    Hi Guys
    work
    lots
  12. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

good luck :D:D:D:D

13. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

have fun!!
    maybe we should listen to kari, and get our work done!!

Kel xx

14. jameshowell

jameshowell Active Member

Good point, lot's of deadlines on their way approaching VERY fast.... :shock:

15. Di

Di Active Member

Wow. I am really impressed with the Kari's will power. She has really gone "cold turkey" on this. :shock: Not another single post since she said she was taking a sabbatical, and thats gotta be tough. :cry:

(Course, just cus she ain't posting, don't mean she ain't taking the odd peak :wink: :roll: :lol: ).

Keep up the good work and good luck. :D

16. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

yeah, that hidden user option comes in handy sometimes...

17. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

sounds like too many people considering taking a break for the good of their futures... then who will I talk to???

18. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

It'll have to be us saddoes with our futures mostly behind us :shock: :oops: :wink: