Taking a break

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Will the Sec, Mar 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Dear tMPers,

I am going to fade into the distance for a while.

Two reasons.
    1. I am having serious PC problems and need to get them sorted, and being on tMP is a comparative waste of the time resource required to sort it out.
    2. I notice of late that some individuals hiding behind anonymous user profiles are posting bilge - in some cases attacking adjudicators and composers arrangers under the guise of 'comedy'. Even allowing for anything else that's been posted in the past on tMP, this current batch is justifiably described as bilge. This has caused me to resort to the use of the "ignore" function for the first time, which I find hugely disappointing. More disappointingly, I've been rising to the bait, where in the past I'd have probably had a quiet word with a mod.
    I will probably get the urge to reappear at some point, but for now, tMP is not the place for me.

So, thanks, and catch you later all you tMPers who make useful contributions, and to those who don't, [self FFF censorship inserted here.]

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    break
    resource
    waste
    PC problems
  3. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Will, I'm really sorry that you feel you have to leave tmp for a while! It won't be the same without you. Please don't go! If you really feel you have to, please come back soon. You will be missed! :(

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Will... this is your call of course, but doing so simply allows the idiots to win.

We do our very best here to remove all offensive posts, but please inform us if you see anything we have missed. With the growing number of people visiting tMP it is increasingly difficult to read ALL posts and threads, but as you know I take this matter very seriously.

I know you are aware that we have recently recruited four new moderators, and you are also aware how much I personally value your input and all you do on here. I would have loved for you to take up my offer.

Don't let them win Will. Period. We will be clamping down seriously against troublesome posters - we simply DO NOT WANT THEM (and also perhaps naming these troublesome members so you can all use the ignore feature).

Please reconsider.

5. julestools

julestools Active Member

Will really miss your contributions Will (and who will change the light bulbs)

xx

Jules (gutted)

6. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

:( Will you come back quickly?

7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Don't leave us Will :(

8. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Come back Will!!!!! We miss you!!! (plus how will we keep up with your wedding planning???)

Rach x

9. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Got to agree that there is a whole load of **** posted on here at times, but theres also the people who make very valid posts. The good thing about tMP is that we have varied points of view, varied personalities, which makes for a good mix, but admittedly you do get people who just seem to enjoy slagging other people off or doing, like you said Will, pathetic attempts at 'comedy'.

Its a shame, Will, that you feel it has come to taking drastic actions as to 'leave' the site temporarily, i hope you return soon, as your posts are always enjoyable to read and often extremely informative.

Lets hope these idiots you refer to are promptly seen to by the appropriate people.

10. Di

Di Active Member

tMP won't be tMP without you Will. Please reconsider. :(

Mumsie. xxx

11. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

Sorry to see you go, Will - I always look forward to reading your posts.

Maybe you will come back when you have sorted out your PC problems?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    break
    resource
    waste
    PC problems
  13. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

No Mr William you can't go :( you just can't! :(:(:( we will all miss you too much and it would be all wrong :(:( you can't go! You have to stay! pleaseeeeee! Who will compere at pontins! you do such a good job! we need you Will! :(

Bye Bye Will :(
    xx

14. Key2207

Key2207 Member

It's sad that because of the actions of a few individuals you feel the need to leave tMP. You have given some great advice and opinions :p.

All the best for the future Will :)

Keely xx

15. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

taking a break.

Will!!! Ihope you re-consider SOON, not same site without you, we must ignore mindless comments and keep the tMP as friendly as it has always been, I have had many a chuckle with your comments, and taken note of your serious comments, always constructive and in the right vein, Come back to us soonwith your great tMP hat on, :clap: :clap: :clap:

16. HBB

HBB Active Member

All well and said, and Will will be missed, but there are over 1000 other members of this forum!

17. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Ben! Will is very remembrall!! Remember!!! He can't go! :( :( :( Pleeeease come back??

18. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Ah, Will. You have had a **** year this year. I am so sorry to see a stalwart of tMP so down that he feels he has to leave. That is so sad.

Please come back as soon as you can. I will miss your sensible, balanced and witty contributions more thn almost anything.

19. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Dont let the stupidity of others stop you from coming on here, there are alot more of us who enjoy tmp for what it is. Please come back Will, i havent had chance to tell you about my BB7 audition yet!

20. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

I'm sure I will be a recipient of the wedding plans!!!! so I will let people he wants to know about it, know, or he will via a different medium.

He'll be back in his own good time, and if he asks nicely, one of his non brass playing brothers would more than likely sort out his PC for him.

21. timbloke

timbloke Member

Maybe I'm like you hankering for the olden days when you could easily read everything that was posted that day, and respond to each one. I've noticed a lot of the main posters from a couple of years back disappear. Where to? Dunno.

But it is not all doom, and gloom. As with anything in life, you simply need to adapt to the climate. Stick around, we don't another one on the "where are they now".

22. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

I apologise on behalf of many of the newer members to tMP for soiling your select little gathering

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.